Don't give up

Jay's POV

I came down stairs to find Michael looking out the window facing the back yard. I walked up behind him and hugged him. He looked back at me and smiled before following his gaze. Looking at Lachlan crying on the seat in front of me. I went to walk off to go outside to see if he was ok but Michael grabbed my arm.

"Don't go out there ok. I know what he is doing. Just let him do it."

I looked again and realised he was talking to someone. Though his tears still fell. I wanted to go out and give him a massive hug. He looked like he needed it.

"Is he going to be ok?"

"I hope so."

Jerome and Mitch come up behind us and scared me. Michael didn't even flinch.

"Well that's no fun."

"I heard your foot steps."

"We were trying so hard to not make a sound."

"Plus Mitch's socks let off a really quiet squeak."

"Fuck."

I giggled to myself and they looked outside at Lachlan. We all stood there and just watched him. He put the phone down and looked up at the sky. He looked over and saw us all there. Though his eyes locked with Michael. I saw him lift an eyebrow up at him. Lachlan giving him a small nod.

"Ok you guys stay in here. I'll be back ok?"

"Hey wait. Are you sure everything is ok? If he is upset over something that can affect him then you don't get a choice. You said you would never keep a secret if someone could be hurt."

"This secret. I don't know if someone will get hurt."

He let go of my hand and I couldn't help but be worried about him. I was so worried about both of them. Mitch put a hand on my shoulder and Jerome went back up stairs. Mitch soon following him. I barely noticed them. I was transfixed on my boys. Hoping they were ok.

Michael's POV

I opened and closed the door behind me. Walking out into the sun and feeling the heat hit me. Though the breeze was amazing. I walked over to Lachy. Listening to his sobs getting louder and louder as I drew closer. He looked up at me as I sat down next to him. He smiled at me. So I smiled back. He leaned his head on my shoulder and I just pulled him in for a hug. He looked like he needed one.

"This breeze is beautiful. And being in the garden. I don't know. If we were dating. This scene would be almost romantic."

"Want me to leave and get Jay for you?"

"No. I'm happy sitting here with one of my best friends. Wondering if he is ok. Hoping everything is going well. And trying to not wipe away his tears."

I looked over at him as he kept a neutral look on his face. His eyes were near bloodshot. And you could see the marks his tears left on his face.

"He."

"Lachlan. I want you to look me in the eyes when you say this ok?"

"Ok."

I stood up and got down on my knees in front of him. Just being tall enough to hug him properly. I pulled away and looked at him. He still didn't look at me.

"Hey. I'm here for you. No matter what ok. Your a great friend to me. We have had a rocky start. But look at us now yeah. Jay would be proud his little Aussie Harem is working out."

I watched him crack a smile. Before it left his face almost as fast as it appeared. He looked up at me again. Though this time I felt myself staring into his soul. As if everything he was about to say. Was about to come from so deep within himself. That it was almost a scary sight. His blue eyes made it hard to concentrate.