The Grind

Michael's POV

I woke up that morning to a message on my phone. I turned over to check it to see a message from Preston. Asking if I would be coming with Vikk to Pax in a couple of days? I looked back at Vikk who was still sound asleep.

M – Hey Preston. When is Pax happening? I've never actually been to a convention before.

I waited for his reply though it came pretty fast.

P – Hey Mick. It's happening in about 4 days. Vikk was going to fly out tomorrow but if he hasn't told you maybe he wasn't going to bring you... Or he totally forgot. Most likely the second one.

M – Oh ok. I'll ask him about it when he wakes up. Hey uh. There are usually thousands of people at these things right?

P – Normally yeah. Though most people are fans of creators and are there for everyone. It is always a tonne of fun. And you will get to meet some more YouTubers. Maybe even find inspiration to start your own channel.

M – I don't know about that but thanks Preston. I hope you have been well. Can you please give Rob a hug for me. I feel bad I haven't talked to him in a while.

P – It's ok Micky I talked to him when we went out for lunch today. He misses you so much but he is happy nothing bad has happened. Anyway. I have to go. It's pretty late here and I need to get a tonne of videos prepared over the next couple of days. Night Micky.

M – Ok thank you. And yeah I should get Vikk on that now. Good night Preston

I put my phone back on the table after checking the time. 9 am was still early. I rolled back over and faced Vikk. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep before I felt him kiss my forehead.

"Good morning Micky."

"Good morning I thought you were still asleep?"

"I was but I woke up when you rolled over. What were you doing?"

"Preston sent me a message so I was just talked to him for a little bit. Apparently he told Rob I was ok when they went out for lunch."

"That's cute."

"He also mentioned Pax. Apparently that's in 4 days or something."

I watched him as his eyes flew open and his smile dropped. He leaped out of bed and ran out of his room. He came back within 20 seconds with paper and a pen. Writing a message and then pulling tape out of a drawer and sticking the note to the front of his door.

"What does that say?"

"It says that I forgot Pax was a thing and that I will be recording all day. If they make food to knock and leave it at the door."

"If your going to be recording all day do you want me to go outside and find something?"

"No. I want you to stay with me in here. Because between recordings I want to talk to you and I want you to join me in a few games as well. Mainly the Minecraft ones."

He walked over to his closet and slid open the door. He pulled out something big as he almost dropped it. He walked it back over to the side of his desk and placed it down. Opening it up to be a separate table.

"Can you please put the laptop on the side there. If you talk a little louder then normal the mic should be able to pick you up without a problem. And you will be in shot for the face cam as well anyway."

"Oh ok. Hey Vikk how many videos do you need to do?"

"A lot. I want to be absolutely safe and while I'm here we might as well try and get as many as we can out. Obviously I still need videos for the next couple of days. And then the days we are at Pax. And the day we come home. Or where ever you go. So yeah. We need to get started now."