Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"I can't fall asleep without you Luke, I miss you." She says, I hear a crack in her voice and it sounds like she's about to cry.

"Woah woah woah... Babe it's okay. I'll be back soon." I say, standing up and pulling at my hair worriedly with my free hand. I look at Calum with a panicked expression. He bits his bottom lip in confusion and raises his eyebrows. I walk over to him and put the phone on speaker phone for a minute so he can hear her.

"I know I just miss you Luke." She says, by now I know she's crying and all I want to do is comfort her, but Ashton said that we weren't allowed to leave until we finished. I take the phone off speaker phone and then begin to talk into it.

"I know baby I miss you too. But I'll be there soon." I say in a soothing tone. I look at Calum and he nods in agreement of what I am saying.

"God I'm such a baby. I don't even know why I'm so emotional right now. Probably because that time of the month." She sighs, I can just picture her wiping the remains of her tears off her beautiful face while she mentally scolds herself.

"It's okay Paisley. I don't mind. Just try and go to sleep, you are probably overtired." I say, I look at Calum and he smirks at me, I wonder why until I see that he is typing me a note on his phone.

'Go to her house. I'll cover 4 U 4 awhile.' He shows me his phone. I nod my head and smile at him. He probably noticed the strain in my voice, meaning I really wanted to be with her. He's the best.

"I'll try." She sighs. I smile, I'm going to surprise her with cuddles.

"Okay babe. I'll see you tomorrow then. I love you." I say, but it's lies. I shall see her tonight. She just doesn't know it yet.

"I love you too Luke." She sighs into the phone again. I hear the click of the line going dead and I stand up.

"Thank you so much Calum. I owe you one." I say gratefully, he flashes me a dimpled smile which I return and then he shoo's me out of the small recording room. I look to make sure Ashton isn't sneaking around anywhere before I fully exit the building. It's quite dark outside so it's hard to find the car that we came here in. Ashton let me hold the keys today luckily.

I start the car and leave the building's parking lot, blasting whatever was on at the time. It didn't even matter to me at that moment. I stopped at a gas station on the way there, grabbing a giant chocolate bar and a bottle of iced tea for my princess. There was one person who bombarded me with questions, that was it. So fortunately, I got to Paisleys house in about half an hour.

Once I got there I tried the door, but it was locked so I walked around to Paisleys window. I checked the time, it was twelve o'clock. I began to climb up the tree to her little window on the second story of her house. I almost fell twice, proving that I have zero experience at sneaking out or into a house. Guess that makes sense since I didn't have parents at the time when I would have been adventurous like that, I didn't need permission to do anything so it wasn't as fun.

I eventually made it to the window and I silently slipped through it since it was already unlocked and open. She really shouldn't do that, it's not safe.

I notice her laying on the bed, sleeping peacefully like an angel. Paisley is beautiful while she sleeps, she's always beautiful. I take off my shoes and quietly walk over to her bed, making sure to dodge the few items scattered across the floor. I slip into the covers and pull Paisleys fragile frame into my own. It's a little difficult because of her cast, but I manage to intertwine our legs and fingers on one hand. With the other, I brush away the stray hairs that have fallen into her face.

Dried makeup has ran down her face and her eyes are a little puffy. I feel awful because I was gone and I should have been here to make her happy.

"Luke?" She mumbles, moving a little in my arms and rubbing her eyes as they adjust to the darkness.

"Yes babe, I'm here. Go to sleep." I say, kissing her forehead. She nuzzles her head into my chest and smiles to herself. "I love you Luke." She says groggily, then closes her eyes once more.

"I love you too Paisley." I smile, looking down at the girl I am lucky enough to call mine.

Once I am sure she is asleep, I reach into the pocket of my jeans and pull out the small item. I get the right lighting before I look down at the small ring clutched in between my two fingers.

"Maybe someday." I say quietly to myself, looking from paisley, and back to the ring that means so much to me. It was the one thing that I had gotten from my mother after the accident, I had gotten my mothers engagement and wedding ring. At the time it meant nothing to me since I was a loner and could almost guarantee I'd be that way for life, but now it means everything to me, for I am going to ask paisley to marry me when the time is right.