This Moment As Long as You're Mine

Penny's POV
We had been to New York on tour once, but we didn't "experience" it. It was incredible, the energy was invigorating. We hit all the hot spots, ate at the best little deli's and the fanciest restaurants. Had cocktails at some of the nicest clubs and danced until dawn. It was a dream come true.

Our tickets for Wicked were on our second wedding anniversary.
Brian walked into the bathroom, I was still getting ready and Brian was finished. He looked so handsome, he had a black suit jacket with a gray dress shirt unbuttoned at the collar and black dress pants. I looked at him in awe.
"How do you look perfect no matter what? It doesn't matter what you are wearing, you are the most handsome man in the world. Whether it a baseball cap on backwards with shorts or dressed up and everything in between."
"I think you're biased."
"I'm pretty sure I can prove that I am not the only one who thinks that. Would you like to search #synystergates?"
He walked up and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I would rather search you" He started kissing my neck and nibbling on my ear. My knees started to go weak. I had to get us back on track.
"Bri, I have to get ready..." He didn't stop. I had to force myself to step back. "Okay, you wicked man. We have dinner reservations and a show to get to. Let me get dressed!"
"Okay Penelope, I'll be waiting in the other room." He left trying to do his best sad puppy imitation.

Brian's POV
I tried to wait patiently for Penny to get ready, I knew tonight was a special wish come true for her and she had put very careful thought into what she bought to wear. She had kept it a closely guarded secret. Even though she always looked beautiful, she wasn't a woman that took forever to get ready. You always knew when it was special and/or she was nervous, because she took a lot longer.
"Hey Penz? Are you going to be ready soon?" I yelled to her.
"Just a second." She called out. "Okay, are you ready?"
"I've been ready for an hour!" I joked.
She walked from the bedroom like a model on the runway. She looked very sophisticated in a black knee length dress with a green sash belt. All her accessories were green, earrings, purse, necklace. She looked beautiful. I whistled at her as she spun around.
"Hi Elphaba!"
"Does it look stupid?"
"No, it's perfect. We are going to be the best looking couple there." I said.
"You are so modest" she laughed.
"Hey, I'm just a humble guitar player in love with a beautiful artist."
"Haner, you are so full of shit! Let's go!" She looked like a kid going to her first amusement park.

At dinner we talked about her roles in plays in High School, College and later in Community Theatre.
"I was always stage crew for musicals, because I can't sing."
"You're telling me! It's like a cat being tortured while in heat."
"Thanks jerk face." She laughed.
"How many times have you seen Wicked before?"
"Twice, but it was the touring company, this is my dream seeing it on Broadway"
After we finished our entrees I said. "It's time for dessert!"
"I don't think I have room for dessert." She protested.
"Sorry, that wasn't a question. Dessert is on it's way." Right on queue the waiter brought a small cake with a candle sitting it and placed it in front of Penny.
"Happy Birthday Penelope!"
She didn't look happy. "I thought we agreed not to do anything for my birthday."
"I didn't agree to anything. I wish you would let go of the age thing. Next year you'll be fifty and I'll be forty, so what? We're still the same people and we will still love each other."
"I'll try to do better, I promise." She said.
"Good, because next year is going to be a blow out! I'm talking a day no one will forget."
"Please don't do that. Let's focus on tonight, shall we? If we don't get going, we will be late."

Penny's POV
The performance was better than I had imagined. The actors, the orchestra it was all flawless.
I could tell Bri thought it was funny as I mouthed a lot of the lines, I would nod for him to look at the stage. The only time my thoughts strayed from the performance was during the love scene when Elphaba and Fiyero sing "As Long As Your Mine." My mind went back to that unexpected night in July when I made love with a man that I never thought I would ever meet. I remember that song playing in my mind, thinking that was the only night he would be mine. He looked over at me and it must have been clear that my thoughts were elsewhere. He squeezed my hand and when I looked at him he mouthed "Are you okay?" It was then I realized I had tears running down my cheeks. I smiled at him and mouthed "I'm great." Luckily I always cry during Wicked anyway during "For Good", so I had a tissue ready.
I applauded so much during the curtain call my hands hurt.