The Familiar Taste of Poison

Adam's POV

I was at the gym working out and my cell phone rang, I usually ignore it as much as I can at the gym. Working out is my "me" time, it's when I focus on working out and clear my head of anything else. That had become more and more difficult after spending so much time with Penny. I couldn't help thinking about her. When I heard the ringtone that I set for her calls, I didn't hesitate to answer.

"What's up P?" Our new little joke.

"Nothing much, Dr. G. Did I interrupt your workout?"

"You are never an interruption."

"I think that's a big lie, but thanks." She said. "I was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner tonight? I love to cook and I haven't had anyone to cook for."

"I would love to be your victim; I mean your guest."

"Very funny. I am a good cook, come to dinner and I will show you."

My mind was thinking I wanted her to show me more than that, but I kept that to myself.

"Sounds great, I'll be there. I just need to shower and change."

"You can do that here."

"Okay, I'll be there in 20 minutes."

I got there and rang the bell, I heard Penny through the speaker. "Come on in." The auto door lock released and I walked in. I heard Penny call out.

"I'm in the kitchen!"

I walked in, she looked beautiful. She had on a light lilac summer dress, her purplish brown hair was cascading down her back and she was barefoot. The perfect combo of comfy, classy and casual. I felt at home and very aroused looking at her.

"Are you ready for the best meal of your life?" She asked as I walked in to the kitchen.

"I can't wait! Is it ready?"

"Not yet and you need to go take that shower we talked about." She held her nose and stuck her tongue out at me.

I shook my head, "Very funny, P!"

She showed me to one of the guest bathrooms and went back to the kitchen. I showered quickly and as I was walking into the kitchen, I heard Penny yell and start to fall off of a high stool she was standing on.

I ran and caught her, she stood facing me.

"That scared the crap out of me! I never know where the housekeeper puts anything and I can't find the pasta dish." She looked into my eyes. I could feel her heart pounding. "I'm glad you were here and caught me. My hero." She said batting her eyes playfully.

I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't stop myself.

"Penny, I have to tell you something. I can't pretend and I can't hold back any longer." Before I could go on, she placed a finger over my lips, shushing me.

"I want you too." With that, she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me softly. I put my arms around her and soon we were kissing hungrily. I stopped,

"Penny, we shouldn't do this."

"I know it's wrong, but I can't hold back anymore either. I've been alone and wanted you for so long." She grabbed my hand and led me to the guest room where I had taken a shower and changed. Soon we were undressed and kissing ravenously as I lowered her down onto the bed. I began kissing down her neck. Then my cell phone started ringing.

She stopped and looked at me. "Aren't you going to answer your phone?"

"No!" I smiled at her jokingly and began to kiss her again. She halted me.