So Try And Love Me While You Can

Brian's POV
Penny called me every day. I made excuses why I couldn't talk. She could tell something wasn't right, I just kept telling her it was nothing.
"Hi Junior"
"Hi Penny"
"Are you okay? You sound like something is wrong." She asked.
"Nope, I'm fine, I'll see you tomorrow." I was trying to cut the call short.
"Okay. I love you."
"Love you too, bye" I said quickly.

It was a very quiet drive to Michigan. I barely spoke to her and she seemed preoccupied.
We got settled into our suite and I just couldn't even stand to speak to her.
"Brian, what the hell is wrong with you?" She had the nerve to ask me.
"I don't know Penny, what the hell is wrong with you?"
"What are you talking about?" She seemed very nervous.
She wanted to know what I was talking about and I couldn't hold it in anymore.
"Tell me about your trips Penny, because you haven't started a single painting. How about the suites for two while traveling all over the world?"
"How do you know that? Have you been spying on me?"
"So you're not denying it! Who is he? Well you can tell him that I know, he obviously wanted you to tell me!"
"He who? What are you talking about?" She faked looking surprised.
"I heard you on the phone on my birthday. You were on the phone with your lover. 'Just one more trip and I'll tell him' you said. So you've went on another trip. So who is this guy your fucking?"
"I'm not fucking anyone! I was on the phone with Gwyn. I can't believe you really thought I was cheating on you!"
"Really? Gwyn? You expect me to believe that? Just like you were with Gwyn for a whole week while she had book signings in Florida? But really on those dates you went to Switzerland!" I could not believe she was going to keep denying it.
"I don't believe this! What did you do, get into my iPad?"
"Yes I did! I know everywhere you actually went and that you weren't alone."
"Okay Sherlock, did you notice they were 2 bedroom suites?" I could tell she was pissed but also on the verge of tears. I was too angry at that moment to even care. "I told you, I was with Gwyn."
"Maybe I should call Gwyn right now and ask her. Oh wait, you obviously have her lying for you. I can't believe she is part of this. Are you going to tell me the truth or stand there and keep lying to me?"
"Brian, I didn't want to do this here. I wanted us to have a good weekend."
"Well too fucking late Penny! Either you tell me the truth right now or I am walking out that door forever! I have had it with this bullshit."
Her face was now red with anger. "Okay, you want the truth?"
"Yes Damn it!"
"I'm sick and there is nothing that anyone can do. I'm dying! That's no BULLSHIT!"
I stood there stunned.
"What?" Was all I could manage to say.
"I am sick. All the trips were in hopes that I could find a Doctor or hospital that could help me. I didn't want to tell you until I knew for sure." Tears had started to well up in her eyes.
I physically staggered back. "This can't be, that's not true."
"I wish it weren't true." I could tell by the look on her face that it was true.
I was even more angry now, how could she have kept this from me? "How long have you known?"
"I found out at the end of May when I went for my yearly exam."
"So you've known for nearly two months and you didn't tell me?"
"I wanted to tell you that there was at least hope."
"So you went to all these places all over the world, without me? Your husband. Aren't we supposed to be there for each other in sickness and in health?"
"Bri, please try to understand." She had tears rolling down her cheeks. I had turned off all emotion but anger.
"How long did they say?"
"Please don't be angry."
"I'm sorry, but you chose to be away from me when we should have been together. How long Penny?" I knew I was just spewing out raw anger, but I couldn't hold it back.
"They say 6 to 8 months. I understand if you don't want to stay. I will give you a divorce, so you don't have to go through this with me." She started crying harder.
"I can't believe you would even say that to me, Penny! Do you think I am that shallow? I took our vows seriously. When I said till death do us part, I meant it. It hurts me that you don't believe in me."
"I didn't mean it that way." She walked to me and put her arms around my waist putting her head on my shoulder. "I need you."
I wrapped my arms around her, "Why didn't you need me a month ago?" I was so conflicted at that point, I didn't know whether to hold her tight, yell, cry, scream or punch something. I did know I needed to get out of there. I pushed her away and said "I have to take a walk."
"Brian, please don't go."
"I have to clear my head. I need to be alone. You have had over a month to grasp this and you did it on your own, I need some time on my own right now to do the same. I'll be back later, I promise." I kissed her forehead. "I love you."