46. Together

It's my birthday today and I am lying on the couch watching the roof. There is no one here but me. Since we came home from Sky's aunt the day after New Year, I have only seen my kids a couple of times. It feels like no matter what I do, it is not good enough, but I love her and I will do anything for her. It's sounds so simple, but it's not because it hurts so much. I am lonely and I miss the sound of my boys laughing. Listen to Andi's talking like her mother, and watching Jace grin while hearing his favorite song. I miss Sky's voice and her soft touch, but most of all her warm feet.

"Hunter!" I rush awake by the sound of Sky's yelling.

"Yes, honey?" I react, and I hear the boys and her laugh of me. I feel my cheeks turn warm, but I can't but smile either as I see them all as I sit up.

"Hi." Sky grin as she leans down to kiss my forehead. I close my eyes of her soft lips.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I wonder, and Sky roll her eyes.

"Your birthday, remember?" Her words make me snort.

"I know that." I smile, but not as bright as I really want to.

"What's wrong?" Sky ask worried as I stand up, meeting her brown eyes.

"Nothing." I say and kiss her cheek before picking up my creatures from the stroller.

"Hi." I smile as I kiss them on their cheeks. Jace steals my hair and Andi looks like she just woke up as she bury her face in my chest. I sit down on the couch with them, grinning of Jace hold on my hair and my little girl who yawns.

"A year ago your mother gave me a heart attack by telling me we were going to have you two, and here you are." I grin and kiss my little boy and girl on the top of their heads.

"It was funny." Sky says, smiling as she sits down next to me. I turn to her and she kisses me on my nose.

"What is it?" She wonders again, by the look of sadness over my face.

"When are you going to come home?" I ask avoiding her brown eyes. I am too scared of my answer.

"We are home." She says and I close my eyes in annoyance.

"No, I meant..."
"I know what you meant Hunter," I meet her brown eyes.

"We are home." She whisper as she leans her forehead on mine.

"Are you sure?" I whisper back and feel her hand on my cheek.

"Pretty sure."

I am standing on the porch watching the sky with my wife who has her arms around me from behind. She kisses my cheek as I lean back into her. I can't but smile of her warm lips.

"I love you." She mumble on my skin, which makes me feel her breath.

"I love you too." I smile, so happy to know that the boys are sleeping in their beds and that Jace and Andi is sleeping in their stroller. They were so tired that they fell asleep there tonight.

"I'm cold." Sky chuckle. I turn around and wrap my arms around her.

"I hope your feet are warm tonight." She says and it makes me snort.

"I think they are cold as always." I tell and she kisses my temple.

"Then let's go inside and warm them." She whispers and I start walking with her backwards.

"Hunt!" She laughs.

"I can't see when you walk with me backwards." Sky says and I look up to her as I stop walking.

"You don't trust me?" I tease. She rolls her eyes.

"I trust you." She smile as she leans down to kiss my forehead.

I find Sky standing in front of the bed, and I wrap my arms around her from behind.

"You okay?" I wonder as I kiss her shoulder.

"Yeah," She nods.

"It's been a while." She says and I know what she means. Feels like forever since she was in this room with me. I move my hands under her shirt laying them on her waist, but she turns around. Watching me with brown, confused eyes. I don't say anything, just keep on moving her shirt. She smiles as she drags it off her, leaving herself exposed. I wrap my arms around her and put my lips on her collarbone. Only to feel her hands messing up my hair.

"Hunt." She moans and it makes me smile on her warm skin.

"You smell so wonderful." I mumble as I kiss her. She cups my cheeks, moving me back. Her eyes are unsure, but lustful. Then she smile and surprise me with putting her lips on mine fast. She moves them desperate as she laid her hands on my butt. I move back from her lips as she pushes me up. I wrap my legs around her and lay my arms over her shoulders.

"You are too heavy." Sky chuckle and I roll my eyes.

"No, it's good." She smile as she sits down on the edge of the bed.

"I'm proud of you." Her words make me grin as I lean in to her soft lips.

"I love you so much." I mumble on her lips, she smile as she moves her hands into my hair again. She leans down and move further into the bed and I follow her. I put my lips on her collarbone again. Feeling her warmth. Her hands move under my shirt on my back, which makes me, sit up on her. She closes her eyes hard.

"I'm sorry." She says guilty. I smile as I take off my shirt and still her eyes are closed. Then I lean down to kiss her forehead. She smiles again, but most of all her eyes are open. She put her hands on my collarbones and push me back to a sitting position as she leans up with me. I feel her fingers move up and down my back. Her sweet touch makes me close my eyes as I bury my face in her neck. She moves her hands on my skin on the shoulders.

"God, no wonder you are so heavy." She whispers and kiss me on my shoulder. I snort of her words and put my lips on her skin. I get my heart in my throat as she pushes me down in the bed and pin my hands down in the bed.

"Hi." She grin at me.

"Hi, honey." I smile a little surprised by what she just did. She leans down and attack my neck with her lips.

"You, are, so, beautiful." She says between kisses.

"Sky..." She put her lips on mine, keeping my mouth shut from talking. Her lips soft and warm as always. She shifts down and I feel her softness on my throat, my collarbones. It makes me grab her hair.

"Sky." I moan as I feel my body surrender to her sensual touch. She moves her lips further down until she stops on my navel. I meet my wife's brown desirous eyes.

"I love every inch of you." She whispers as she moves her thumb over my scar. I cup her face and lean down to kiss her forehead, slowly.

"I love all of you too." I mumble on her skin. She starts to chuckle and I watch her a little confused.

"Not your cold feet though." Her words make me laugh.

"I'm sorry about that." I tell her, but we both sigh as we hear one of our babies cry, it might be both. Sky bury her face in my stomach.

"I can feel your muscles on my lips." She mumble on my stomach and I chuckle.

"We should..."
"I know." She says and I can feel her sigh on my skin.

"I will go." I say moving, but Sky puts her hands on the side of my belly. I meet her eyes.

"We both go." She smile and I can't but nod grinning to her.

"Together."