39. I know you are angry with me

It's been a week since I woke up on the couch with Sky and still she seems upset about me. I don't blame her, because, well, I am a mess and I make everything just worse.

Now we are on our way to her aunt's house and meeting the whole family. I am sitting in the back seat in the middle of Jace and Andi. The boys are in the car with Luke and Rachel, which is right in front of us. It is finally going to be nice to be in the same house with my kids. That I can see them all the time, also with my grumpy wife who is driving the car.

"Honey?" I ask and she sighs annoyed.

"Yeah?" She answer.

"Are you okay?" I wonder.

"Yeah." She just say. I take off my seatbelt and lean forward to kiss her cheek, but she do not smile. I sit back down, in disappointment. I kiss my two sleeping creatures on their foreheads.

"Are you going to be angry with me the whole time?" I ask and she just shrugs. It makes me stop talking, because I know whatever I say it would not work. Leaving her with her thoughts might be a better idea. Then for me making her more annoyed, and I don't want to make her more angry.

After an hour of driving, we are at Sky's aunt's house. I remember almost everything that happened here. When I played with her cousins Cam and Isaac, and when I made Sky angry, just like now. It's like she said we are right where we started.

I follow Sky up to the door with Jace and Andi in my arms. Of course, my little boy is grabbing my hair and my girl babbling while looking around curiously as we step into the big brick house. The sound of cheerful talking and laughing comes to my ears. It's nice to hear Paula's voice again, I really like that old woman.

We step into the living room, where most of Sky's family is and it makes me nervous. Before I know it my two little shields get stolen from me by Jenn and Blair. I guess I am not going to see my creatures for the rest of the day. I watch Sky sit down next to Paula, and I scratch my neck in frustration.

"Hunter!" I breathe out as I hear Ethan and Nathan come behind me. I bend down and hug them both.

"Hi, boys," I mess up their hair.

"Did you have a nice drive?" I wonder as I lean back from them and they both nod.

"Good, let's find our rooms so we can lay our bags in there before dark, okay?" I say and they both nod, running out again as I follow them.

When the boys found the room, they just sat down and started to play with their Gameboy. While I am putting mine, Sky and our little twins stuff in our room. Not so sure if Sky even wants to be in the same room or even bed with me, and I do not blame her. She seems so angry that it scares me. I just lay down on the big bed and look at the roof. I just don't want to talk or see anyone right now.

I wake up to the sound of the door opening and I see Sky coming in with Jace and Andi. She put them in front of me on the bed and I smile right away by being so close to them. I pick up Jace and he smiles as I put him upon my stomach, while I listen to Sky messing around in her bag.

"What are you looking for?" I wonder.

"Nothing." She just say and sigh as she throw the bag down on the floor. Sky looks irritated.

"Are you okay?" I ask worried.

"Yes, I am fine." She answer annoyed as she rubs her forehead. I move Andi into my arm and kiss her on the forehead and she laughs. I wish I could have them like this every day.

"Come here." I say to Sky lightly, she hesitates a little, but comes into the bed as I lay Andi next to Jace on me. Sky lays down, resting her head on my arm and I kiss her on the top of her head.

"I know you are angry with me, and I don't blame you, but it would be nice if you didn't treat me like I am not here." I tell her hurt, because it is painful to watch her ignoring me.

"I'm sorry, Hunt, but I am tired of everything." She says and bury her face in my shoulder.

"I know you are, honey." I say as I stroke her neck, trying to make her relax, but then Andi starts babbling and we both laugh.

"She does that at night sometimes as well." Sky chuckle, but it makes me swallow hard, because there is so much I have missed.

"Hunt?" I find Sky's worried eyes, but smile to her. I don't want to fight now.

"I love you," I tell her and kiss her forehead.

"All of you." I smile as I watch Jace and Andi. My little girl talking and looking around, while my little boys is laying on me with tired eyes.

"I guess listening to his sister makes him exhausted." I chuckle and Sky snort.

"Yeah, poor boy. We should put them both to bed." She says on the way to moving, but I keep her down.

"I will do it." I smile, because I haven't done it for what feels like forever.