20. Skylar is going to kill you!

"Goddammit Hunter!" My wife yells from the couch, but I just grin to her satisfied as I clean the table.

"Every time? You know that?" She says irritated and I lean down to kiss her cheek.

"You know I love that one." I smile and put the boys' toys in their playroom. Even though they have that room, I always find some Lego here and there.

"Yeah, but you have listened to that song for like a month now, and it never stops," She complains.

"Every day too." Sky shakes her head, annoyed. I like when she is grumpy, she pouts like a little child.

"You know I need my music." I remind her as I sit down next to her on the couch and kiss her cheek.

"I know. You are so happy when you listen to that..." Sky looks at me lost.

"I don't even know what it is or what he says." She says in despair, and I am starting to laugh as I put my hand on her stomach, it's quiet.

"Don't be so angry, honey."

"Angry!" I move back from her.

"I am not angry!" She yells and I bite my inner cheeks, trying not to laugh.

"Don't smile at me!" Sky points on my face, her words make me smile even more and I lean in to her lips as I cup her cheek. Moving them lightly with hers.

"My music has a really bad effect on you," I smile, and she watches me offended.

"Well, these two like it." I say, shrugging as I lay my hand on her silent belly.

"Yeah, I know, but you teach the boys to swear." Sky says and I raise my eyebrow as I clear my throat.

"As you said they can't understand what he says, and living in a house with you..."

"Goddammit Hunter!" She shouts, trying to reach for me as I jump out of the couch, laughing.

"See?" I chuckle and she takes a deep breath. I am driving her insane right now. My legs move towards her and I cup her cheek, kissing the other one repeatedly. No matter how angry she tries to be she can't hide her smile.

"I love you so much." I whisper to her as I kiss her temple and lean my forehead on her.

"I hate your song, but I love you anyway." She smiles and I kiss her cheek on more time.

"I know and I love you anyways."

I am running around the house, like a maniac. While Sky is sleeping and the boys playing. I lost my wedding ring somewhere and Sky is going to kill me. It must have slipped off as I cleaned the living room, but I have looked everywhere.

A knock on the front door interrupts me and not like I am already stressing. I run and open it up.

"Hi, Hunter." Luke says, smiling, but then it fades.

"What is it?" He asks, worried, and I hold up my hand. His eyes widen.

"Skylar is going to kill you!" He says scared.

"You think?" I say irritated over myself.

"I'll help you." Luke tells me as he comes in the door.

"Thank you." I tell relived and we start looking. Still, I don't understand I could not notice it fall off. I have never lost it before, and I know Sky is not going to be happy like at all if she finds out, because I promised with my whole heart that I would never lose it.

"Where did you drop it?" He wonder and I look at him annoyed.

"Don't you think I would have had it on my finger if I did?" I ask and he put his hand over his face hiding his laugh.

"Of course, but..." He put his hands on my arms.

"Hunter, calm down. We are going to find it..."

"Find what?" We both hear. Luke and I look at each other with widened eyes. I turn around and look at my beautiful wife, who is going to hit me with something in a few seconds.

"N-nothing." I say and swallow hard it makes her raise her eyebrow.

"Hunter! Hunter! We found your ring!" The boys yell coming towards me. Ethan with my black ring in his hand.

"Oh, shit." I mumble to myself and I met black eyes.

"You lost your wedding ring?" She shouts and it makes me shrink as I bite my inner cheeks. I am so doomed right now, and not like she has been in a bad mood the whole day.

"Calm down, Skylar," Luke tells as he walks towards his daughter.

"It's just a ring, no one died." He says and my eyes widen. Oh, no.

"Just a ring? I got that for her when she was nineteen!" She yells, and I look down at the floor, feeling so guilty for what I have done.

"The boys found it, it's okay." Luke says, trying to calm her down. The boys look a little worried, but I tell them to into their playroom. While Luke is trying to relax Sky, but the look in her eyes do not go away no matter what he says. She might have some days where she is angry, but this is killing me.

"Goddammit Hunter!" Is the last thing I hear, as she march up the stairs.

It's the middle of the night and I am sitting on the couch with my forehead buried in my knees. The last time she was so angry with me was when I met my mother in the parking lot.

This is my entire fault and I hate myself so much for losing my ring. Sky refused to talk to me when we ate dinner. She was so angry that it even scared the boys. I had explained them why she was so angry with me. They understood it after a little while and it calmed them down. I told them that I was glad they found it, if not she would have killed me, because I promised her I would never lose and I did.

I close my eyes hard is feeling the tears streaming down my cheeks. I failed her and I can't stand the look in her eyes when she watches me like that. It makes me choke on my own heart. She hates me and it is my fault.

Before getting out of the couch, I kiss my ring and move up the stairs quietly. I don't want to wake the boys up. Sky is lying on the bed with her eyes closed, and I listen to her soft breathing as I sit down on my knees next to her on the floor. With tears running down my cheeks. I brush her silky blond hair behind her ear, and it causes her to open her eyes.

"I'm so, so sorry, honey." I cry and close my eyes. Then I feel her arm around my neck.

"I'm sorry." I repeat as she kisses my forehead.

"It's okay." She whispers to me.

"No, it's not okay. I said I would never lose it and I did." I cry more and she cups my cheeks.

"Hunter, look at me," I do and she takes every tear away from my face.

"It's okay..."
"No, it's not okay, just because I am crying do not make it okay!" I almost yell, because every time I cry she gives in. I don't deserve any sympathy at all.

"Hunter..."

"No, you shouldn't even love me..."

"DON'T!" She shouts. Her hands on my cheeks get firmer as she sits up on the bed.

"Don't even start! I have been with you for years and you still don't stop saying that!" She yells, as she looks me deep in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, I got angry, Hunter. It's not your fault, that I can't control my fury. You don't have to feel so damn guilty all the time, when I yell at you," She kiss my forehead again.

"You need to stop thinking everything is your fault. I know when you promise something you want to keep it, but you can't blame yourself if you can't, Hunter." She takes her hands away from my face as she moves further in the bed and I lay down beside her.

"I'm so sorry, Hunter." She kiss my forehead and I bury my face in her chest. Feeling her stomach on mine, and they are kicking. It makes me smile and move my hand under her shirt feeling them.

"I love you, and I am sorry." I tell her.

"Don't." She warns me, and kiss the top of my head.