30. We need a new table

I fall out of the couch, struggling to breath and hit my head on the edge of the glass table.

"Goddammit Sky! Why, just why did you want this table?" I yell as I try to catch my breath again and touch the wound right next to my eye. It hurts so much.

I step into the bathroom drying the blood away, its bad cut. Those nightmares just won't stop when Sky is not with me. I miss her so much that my heart is aching, and I can't stop crying. It's only been a night, but it was the way it ended. I haven't cried this much since I moved away from her. Every night I was in tears, but I couldn't tell her that. I didn't want her to worry.

After bathing and feeding Jace and Andi, they are ready for Sky to take them with her. I am lying back on the couch with them, listening to their lullaby. We look at each other, and now and then, I kiss them on their forehead.

"I don't want you to leave," I tell them as I feel the tears come down my cheeks.

"I love you so much, so much it hurts," I say almost choking as I take the tears away from my face.

"I will remind mom that she has to play your song, our song." I tell them and kiss their forehead. It might not be the best song for someone, but it's still our favorite.

The sound of a car outside makes me stand up with Jace and Andi. Ethan and Nathan come running and I put the twins down in the stroller. They all come in the door.

"Hunter!" They both yell and I bend down to hug them.

"I have missed you two so much." I tell them crying as I kiss both on their cheeks. I love them so much. Behind them come Sky and she looks at me worried as I stand up.

"Go and find those toys you want to take with you." She tells them and I watch them run up to the stairs.

"What happened to you?" She asks, worried as she cup my cheeks, watching the wound next to my eye.

"I'm fine, honey." I smile, but she sighs and shake her head.

"Hunt, if you love me, you tell me." She almost plead.

"We need a new table." I tell her and shrink a little.

"Why?" She asks, confused.

"I threw it out the back door." I say scared, but she snorts.

"I have been away for a little while and you throw the damn tablet out the door?" She chuckles.
"I'm sorry, honey. It hurt a lot." I explain. The whole thing broke into pieces, so now I have a pick it up and we have to buy a new one.

"It's okay, but your wound on the other hand do not. I think you need stitches." She says worried as she study it.

"No, I'm fine," I smile and she roll her eyes. I move out of her hands and pick up two bags.

"This is the boys," I lift up my right hand.

"And this is Jace and Andi's. I bath them and they just ate." I tell her, so she does not need to worry about it on the trip back home to her parents. She watches me almost crying as she shakes her head.

"How can you not love yourself? You are so amazing Hunt and still you can't see it." She cries.

"I'm sorry, honey." I say as I put my hands on her waist and kiss her tears away.

"Please, don't leave." I beg as I bury my face in her neck, crying. She kisses me on the top of my head.

"I don't want to leave, but you need to think, Hunt." She tells me and it makes my tears burst out.

"I-I want you all here with me. It hurts, honey." I say and feel her hold me tight in her arms.

"Yes, I know it hurts, but it hurts me, when you look down at yourself, Hunter." She lets me go and push me lightly back as the boys come back down.

"Here," I say and take out her phone from my pocket.

"You forgot it, and I put in Jace and Andi's song on it." I smile as I take the tears away from my skin.

"Is Hunter coming with us?" Ethan asks, and I bend down to them.

"No, I have to stay here for a little while, but you two will help Skylar, right?" I ask them and they nod.

"Good," I hug them one more time.

"You can each take a bag." I say as I let them go and kiss them on the head, feeling the tears come down my cheek as I watch the boys stumble out the door with the bags.

"I'm sorry, Hunter. I know you love them..."
"It's okay." I promise her as I pick up Jace and Andi. Stepping towards Sky as I kiss them on the head.

"You want me to take them out to the car?" She wonder, but I shake my head.

"I-I want to do it." I tell crying and kiss my creatures on more time. Sky nods and then follow me out to the car. I hold them tight for a little while, and kiss them more than I should on the top of their head. I love them so much and watching them leave is killing me.

"I love you." I say and kiss them again, before putting them in their seats. Then I hug the boys again.

"I love you, and be nice, okay." I smile. They both nod and I kiss them on the top of their heads.

"We love you too." They say at the same time and it makes me cry even more.

"Now, go." I say and they jump into the car as I stand next to Sky watching my lovely children in the car.

"I'll come on Friday." She tells and I look at her with my mouth open.

"B-but that is three days." I say and I have never cried so much before, I can't breathe and I am choking.

"I know Hunt," She warps her arms around me.

"But Jace and Andi are going to the doctor tomorrow, remember?" She informs me and I nod as I bury my face in her neck again. They are always so tired after they take their tests.

"C-can I come?" I wonder, but she shakes her head.

"You stay here. My mom will come with me." She answer and start stroking my neck as my tears comes on her skin.

"B-but I want to." I sob on her.

"I know, Hunter, but I need you to stop hating yourself. I love you. We all love you, and it is time you do it as well." She tells me and move me back from her.

"I love all of you." I promise her and stand on my toes to kiss her forehead.

"I know that's why I know you can do it," She tells me smiling

"You have a big heart, Hunter, and I know there is some room for you in there as well." Sky says and kiss my cheek.

"Kiss them Goodnight from me?" I plead.

"Of course I will."

"A-and that..."
"That you love them, I know." She smiles and kiss me lightly.

"I love you." I tell her with my whole heart.

"I love you too."