18. I still don't like him

Before we left the hospital, David wanted to know where Andy is. I told him I could show him, but I did not tell him what happened to him. Now we are on our way to the graveyard. I don't want to tell David, because I want him to see for himself. Think for himself. David needs to feel how it was for me. Andy was very important to me, the only one that gave me some kind of hope.

"Where are we going?" He asks, confused as I stop the car in a parking lot. I don't answer him, just help him out of the car and in the wheelchair.

"Hunter?" He says worried as I start pushing him.

"He is here." I say as we move into the graveyard. Where hundreds of people are lying underground just like Andy, my big brother.

"H-he is dead?" David struggle to say and it makes me swallow hard. He put his hand over his face as I stop in front of Andy's grave. I feel the tears go down my cheeks as I listen to him cry.

"I'm so sorry, Hunter." He says guilty.

"What h-happened?" He asks as he removes his hand from his face, and we both look at the name. Andy Bennett.

"H-he died drunk driving." I am trembling.

"It's my entire fault, isn't it?" He says moving his hand over his face again. I can't answer that, we were told by his friends that he struggled a lot, mentally. He was drinking regularly and sometimes they saw him with some kind of drug. Seems like he was in a lot of pain.

"I-I don't know David." I tell him.

"I-I am so sorry, Hunter. I wish I could take it all back, I-I really do. I am so sorry that I hurt you and your brother. You deserved something so much better, then Sara and me." He says sobbing as I bend down next to him. Looking at his tearful face, and it makes me know he is regretting everything. Because I have never seen David cry before.

"C-can I try to make it better? Before I die. I have some few years left in this world. I could at least use them to something good." He says, taking my hand in his and he is watching me pleading.

"I-I don't know, David. Give me some time to think about it." I say, and it makes him breath out a little. It might be a good idea, if he can be that kind. At least it makes me see something better of him than what I see when I look at him right now. The monster, that is haunting my dreams.

"C-can I at least meet Ethan and Nathan before you drive me back to the hospital?" He asks, and it makes me smile that he wants to. Before, he wouldn't even care. Just throw them away just like he did with Andy and me. Maybe all of us leaving him was the best thing that happened to him. That he needed to see what he had lost.

"Yes, yes you can. But please don't make Sky angry." I say to him and he smile so bright. All of my fifteen years I have stayed with him, he never really smiled.

"I promise not to make your wife angry."

"H-how do you see the difference?" David asks, studying the laughing boys that are standing in front of him. Which makes me chuckle. I move to stand behind the boys.

"This is Ethan." I say putting my hand on his light-brown hair to my left.

"And this is Nathan. Ethan has a dimple on his right cheek when he smiles. Nathan has one next to his eye." I tell him, it's funny to look at them smiling.

"Yeah, I see that now." David says narrowing his eyes.

"So this is where you two live now?" He asks the boys and they both nod grinning.

"Oh! Can we show him our birthday present?" Ethan asks jumping. Not long ago, they turned six, and we gave them something special.

"Sure you can." I tell them messing up their hair.

"Yes!" They say running and I push David towards one of the rooms. Sky and I turned the one bedroom downstairs into a playroom.

"This is amazing." David says, looking around the room. I took the color lights from the bathroom and put them in here. They both wanted the same thing, a PlayStation. So we decided to give them it from all of us, Luke and Rachel as well. We painted the walls, brought in a TV, a couch and the PlayStation. They love it so much. I had to put a lock on the door so they couldn't see what we were doing in here. It's the best present, they had ever gotten, they both said. I think it is a good idea, because they can use this room for years, and when our unborn kids get older, they can use it as well. So it is more like a gift for everyone.

"Do you want to play?" Nathan ask David reaching him a control. David looks at it stunned.

"Y-you want me to play with you two?" He asks surprised and they both nod. David looks at me asking.

"Of course you can." I say and he takes the control as I move out of the room.

"What are we playing?" I hear David ask.

"Soccer." They both answer.

"Of course you are." He laugh and it makes me chuckle. I find Sky on the couch, lying, her ribs are getting a little better, but it still hurt when they kick her there. She looks at me a little grumpy.

"I still don't like him." She says pouting. It makes me snort as I sit down with her feet in my lap.

"I know, honey." I say as I start to rub her feet and it makes her close her eyes smiling.

"But at least he is trying. It's better to remember him this way, than the way he was." I say and it makes her smile bright.

"You are right, it's much better and you look better." She tells me and I move out of the couch and sit down on the edge next to her belly.

"I feel better," I move my hand over her stomach.

"To know that he cares, I saw that when we were at the graveyard. He hated himself for everything he had done, and he wants to make up for it." I say as I lean down to kiss her, softly, but then she bites me.

"Ouch." I smile as I move back from her and suck on my lip. She is smiling bright to me.

"I still love you." I say as I move down to kiss her again.

-z[