13. I saw the heart of you

It's Skylar's birthday today, March 15. She is turning twenty-five. The boys and I are going to surprise her when she comes home, to our new house. We stood up right after she left for work, and she is going to come home around four. I thought that it was a good idea for Ethan and Nathan to decide what to get give her this year, since we are so lucky to have them here with us. Funny enough, they wanted to give her something beautiful. It might sound crazy, but it is going to look amazing.

"Hunter, hurry! We need more paint!" I hear one of them yell, they have the same voice and I can't tell the difference.

"I'm coming!" I yell to them and find a blue color in a bag. Then I run up the stairs to the boys. I am not sure if Sky is going to kill me or not, but I think it is an awesome idea from the boys.

"I hope Skylar will like it." Nathan says a little worried.

"She will, because I do." I smile.

"Skylar is here!" One of the boys yell and we all run and hid in the kitchen, against the wall. Waiting for her to come in. The sound of her footsteps comes closer and it makes them both struggle to hold their laugh inside. She comes into the dark kitchen and I turn on the lights.

"Surprise!" We yell, making her jump and drop her keys.

"Dammit Hunter!" She shouts and the boys burst out in laughter. Sky puts her hands over her month, realizing she was swearing.

"Hi, honey." I say and lean in to kiss her gently.

"Can we show her Hunter?" The boys ask so restless. Sky looks at me wondering what is going on.

"Ethan and Nathan want to show you our present." I explain her, and she smiles bright.

"Then what are we waiting for?" She says and both of the boys take each of Skylar's hands.

"You need to close your eyes." Ethan says as we reach the stairs.

"Umm, okay." She answer and I move behind her and put my hands on her waist in case if the falls down.

The boys move her in front of their work as we come up the stairs. Still, I stand behind her, but this time I put my hands on her stomach where our little ones are. She is starting to get bigger and I love the feeling of laying my hands on her beautiful belly that is now 17 weeks.

"Can I see now?" She wonder and I kiss her shoulder.

"YES!" The boys yell. Sky falls light into me, looking around the hallway. Then she turns to me in tears.

"You let the boys paint the whole damn hallway!" She says amazed and I shake my head.

"No, we left one of the walls to these two." I say and put my hands on her stomach again and kiss the tears away from her cheeks.

"You like it?" The boys ask and Sky turns to them on her knees.

"Yes! I love it!" She says, hugging both of them. They painted our house with a blue sky and a sun on over it. The woods and all of us, including Luke and Rachel. They even made a soccer field in our garden.

"It looks so much better, and I bet you had a great time doing it." Sky says and kiss their cheeks. They both wrinkle their noses and it makes me snort. Then Sky comes to me again and kiss my forehead.

"You are amazing, you know that." She tells me so emotionally that I feel my cheeks turn red.

"Not many would have allowed them to do it, but you did and it looks so..."

"Us, it's us." I tell and it makes her cry even more. I wrap my arms around her.

"It's our house. We can do whatever we want with it." I say, because it is true. No one can come here and tell me that this looks insane. Maybe it is, but it feels more like home when you can walk down the hallway and see this. It's better than just one color and it's the boys art. Most of all they enjoyed doing it. I have never seen any kids having so much fun before, and I have that memory in my mind until the day I die. Memories are important, they makes us smile, and warm at heart. This is something we can talk about when we get old. That we let those two boys, Ethan and Nathan paint our walls.

"I knew falling in love with you was the best present I could ever get," her words makes me snort.

"Because every day is a surprise with you."

I find my wife in our bed half-asleep after I had put Ethan and Nathan to bed. They love their rooms, and the fact they do not need to share. Sky and I have the smallest room in this house, because the only thing we are doing here is to sleep. They need space to have a place to play and for their toys.

"I am so tired." She says and turn to lay on her back. I lean on my arm and kiss her forehead.

"I know, honey. It's been a long gorgeous day." I tell and it makes her smile.

"Yes, you three have been amazing." She says while I move.

"What are you going?" Sky ask chuckling as take the debate away and lay between her legs to kiss her wonderful stomach.

"I'm just spending some time with my wife, and my two unborn kids." I tell her grinning as I drag up her shirt. It makes Sky snort and stroke my cheek.

"You are so amazing." She says lightly and I kiss her hand.

"No, I just really love you." I smile. Looking at the most beautiful women in the whole world, who is carrying our babies. My eyes widen.

"What is it?" Sky ask worried. Then I smile and kiss her belly, where most likely Jace and Andi lies.

"We are going to be parents." I tell her, it feels like a dream. A dream that is going to be true.

"I know." She tells me with her big beautiful smile.

"And you two better be good to mommy." I say as I look down at her stomach. Sky is chuckling of me.

"And you better don't have her music taste." I warn them.

"Hey!" Sky laughs and I kiss her belly amused.

"I am not sure if your music is better." She says and I raise my eyebrow.

"Our wedding song?" I remind her.

"Okay, fine, I like that one." She says giving in and it makes me kiss her belly in victory.

"You cried when I played it for you." I chuckle and it makes her roll her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but the song reminded me of you, when I met you, because you needed someone to see you, and I did. I saw the heart of you." She says and stroke my cheek.

"Yes, and you turned my heart into a better place."

Wedding song:

Within Temptation- All I Need