7. Damn blue eyes

My wife is sitting in the bedroom angrier than the people in hell, and the only thing I did was asking her if she was okay. Her eyes went dark and she yelled right away. It made me so scared that I fell further and further down on the couch as her mouth kept on saying words faster than I could understand them. I know she has a temper, but she is worse when she is pregnant.

Now I am just wondering how making her smile again, because I don't like her upset. I can't really be mad, since she can't control it. Her mood is up and down every day and that is something I need to get used to and find a way to make her feel better again. She is going to act like this for a while, and I guess it is my job to make her feel better.

I move out of the couch and find her in our bedroom with the duvet over her head. She is not angry, she is crying right now and it makes me swallow hard. I lay down next to her and drag the cover down, but she holds it tight.

"Honey?" I say and move my hand under the duvet and stroke her stomach.

"Don't touch me!" She shouts and it makes me jump.

"I'm sorry." I say, but do not remove my hand that is moving up and down her belly. I listen to her sobbing and I have no idea why she is crying. She is confusing right now, but I don't care. My wife is crying and I feel the need to do something, but then she rolls out from the duvet and lay her arm around me, burying her face in my chest. I brush her in the hair, feeling her body shake from her crying.

"I-I'm sorry I yelled at you." She sobs and it makes me kiss her on the top of her head.

"It's okay, honey. I know you didn't mean it." I mumble in her hair and breathe in her wonderful scent.

"I still love you," I chuckle, and it makes her snort.

"Did I do something to make you angry?" I ask worried, but she shakes her head.

"No, Hunt. You didn't do anything wrong. I just feel awful today." She confesses and it makes me kiss her on the head again.

"Okay, so what can we do to make you go from awful to amazing?" I wonder aloud and she chuckles of me.

"No, I mean you are always amazing to me, but if you feel bad then we need to make you feel something else, then... bad." I say confused by myself and it makes her burst out in laughter.

"You are awful." She laughs of me and I roll my eyes.

"I thought you were the one that was feeling awful." I chuckle and poke her in the side.

"Dammit Hunter!" She says as she rolls around on the bed while I laugh of her. I move to lay over my smiling wife and kiss her forehead, slowly, feeling her warmth on my lips. She moves her hand under my shirt on my back, which makes me roll off her. Sky sighs in disappointment.

"I know, I'm sorry." I tell her and lean in to kiss her cheek.

"Did I do something wrong?" She wonder, but I shake my head.

"No, honey. You didn't do anything wrong." I smile to her, but she roll her eyes.

"Then why do you struggle with me touching you?" She wonder and I shrug.

"I don't..."
"Yes, you do. Hunter, you can't even look at me when I take off your clothes or when I watch you." She informs me and I bite my inner cheeks.

"You are so uncomfortable in your own skin that it scares me, Hunter." She says upset again and rub her forehead.

"I'm fine, honey." I promise her smiling, but she does not believe my words.

"I am not so sure about that Hunter. I don't think that you notice that there is something wrong, since you have been like this your whole life," She turns to cup my cheek.

"Hunter, I love you and when you don't let me touch or see you it makes me worried." She says with her soft voice and light brown eyes.

"I am fine, honey." I tell her looking right into her brown eyes.

"Damn blue eyes." She mutter and it makes me laugh.