17. You look like shit

I am watching my wife sleeping in the hospital bed in the middle of the night. There was not anything wrong with the babies, but they decided to move. Baby A lays in a breech and baby B is well up in the rib cage and kick as hard as Sky does to the football. If they do not turn until Sky is giving birth, then she has to take a C-section. Which we kind of knew would happen, so we are going to have an appointment in week 35 of her pregnancy, if there is no changes with their movement. She was in so much pain that her crying made me turn into tears. After a while, the kicking stopped, but the ribs hurt awfully. Before she fell asleep, I tried to cheer her up with that, at least they have a good soccer foot. It made her laugh, but it also brought more pain.

We can stay here until tomorrow and then go home. I am just glad that everything is fine. Except that she is in pain. It's the worst thing I know. To see my wife in pain or tears. She said it was fine as long they were fine, which they are. It's just one of them has moved, and is laying that its feet are reaching her ribs. It might have been her yelling that made it happen, because there was movement when she snapped.

"How is she?" The familiar voice makes me jump in my seat. I guess it's just a habit. He comes next to me in a wheelchair.

"Broken ribs." I say, rubbing my eye as I swallow hard. He snorts next to me.

"Your mothe..."

"Sara." I say, interrupting him. I am never going to call either of them my parents, because they weren't.

"Sara complained about it too, when she carried you." He says and coughs.

"But you didn't break them." He says chuckling.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" David asks, wondering, while I am staring at my beautiful seeping wife. She is always gorgeous.

"It's twins." I answer him, still lost in Skylar's blond hair and watching her stomach move up and down. It's been quiet, since one of them stopped kicking her in the ribs.

"Two? No wonder she is so big." He says, while I move out of the chair and kiss Sky's forehead.

"She is beautiful." I say as sit back down.

"I can agree with that, still don't understand what she sees in you." He tells me, and it makes me sigh and bite my inner cheeks. They are starting to get sore, but I can't stop biting. That is what I do when I am uncomfortable, sad or angry. It's just a bad habit.

"I am not a kid anymore, David," I tell him, still looking at my wife and our two little ones in her belly.

"I might not be much of what you wanted me to be. Maybe not even today, but I know for sure that I don't need you," I turn to him.

"Because everything I need is lying there," I point at the only women I have ever loved.

"You can say as much shit about me as you want, but in the end of the day. I am the lucky one, because I have two amazing kids at home, I got two right here lying in the most amazing, beautiful and gorgeous women in this whole world. Who still even loves by the look of all the scars you left on me. I have the most amazing life. While you are lying on your deathbed." I say and breath out feeling every bit of anger left of me fade. That felt damn good. He looks at me smiling.

"Karma is a bitch right?" David grin.

"You don't even regret hurting us?" I ask, because I want to know. He looks down at the floor for a little while thoughtful.

"Every day, since I sat in that apartment alone." He says, looking at me with his blue regretful eyes.

"Then why do you talk to me like I am still fifteen?" I ask confused and he shrugs.

"Well, it kind of shocked me that you came in here after eleven years. With a pregnant woman, who is apparently your wife and you have two children and you are going to have two more." He says amused, but with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, about everything." He tells me something I never thought I would hear.

"I'm not," I say and look at the amazing sleeping women.

"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have had her."

I rush awake by my wife's growling voice. Her whole face makes me know she is in pain.

"Honey." I say moving towards her and she take my hand, squeezing it.

"It hurts so badly." She says narrowing her eyes.

"Let's move you." I tell and step on the other side of the bed, turning her to lay on her back.

"Oh my god." She says breathing out, but then groan as she put her hand over her ribs.

"I'm sorry, honey." I say, feeling awful for not doing anything.

"It's better than it was thank you." She says, reaching for my hand so I sit down on the bed next to her.

"Come here." She says, dragging me towards her. Then she cups my cheeks and lean me down to her lips, moving them gentle on mine. She pushes me lightly back and we met eyes.

"You look like shit." Sky says and it makes me snort as I bend down to kiss her fast.

"It's worth is." I tell and start yawing.

"I love you so much, Hunt." She says, smiling brightly, and it affects me.

"I love you too." I whisper to her and kiss her cheek.

"Are they sleeping?" I ask, wondering, and she shakes her head.

"No, they are moving and it hurts a little." She says narrowing her eyes in pain. I kiss her forehead before moving down and drag her shirt up, watching her belly move. I put my hands on her stomach feeling them kick. Then I lean down and kiss twice.

"You need to be nice to mom, because it scares mommy." I say moving my fingers softly over her belly. It makes me feel a kick and I poke back.

"I don't know which one of you kicks so hard, but at least wait until you can walk." I say lightly, hearing Sky chuckle of me.

"You are so cute." She tells me and take my hand in hers.

"They aren't even born yet, and still they manage to give me a heart attack." I say and yawn. My body is dying of tiredness.

"I know," She smile.

"But you need to get some sleep, you are the one driving home tomorrow remember." Her words makes sigh, it's about four hours' drive.

"Yeah." I kiss her stomach three times.

"I love you, honey. All three of you."