25. Just don't kill yourself

It's been three weeks since we brought them home, and for a week ago, Jace started to cry. By that, I don't mean like for a few minutes, I mean three hours in a row. Ethan and Nathan looked so pale when I stood there with him in my arms for almost two hours, trying to make him calm down. Sky tried for an hour and eventually he stopped. We could finally breathe again, but twelve in the middle of the night, it started again. I told Sky I would take care of it so she could sleep, but I didn't end up on the bed before four in the middle of the night. It made me worried, but most of the next day went fine. I thought he was good, until the night came again.

We went to the doctor and he said Jace has colic. I have tried finding out how to calm him down, but I have failed for days now. It makes me frustrated, because I promised my wife, I would find it out, but I can't. I have been awake night after night, in the boys' playroom. Since it is far away from the bedrooms above. His crying is so aloud that my ears hurts, but most of all it hurts to listen to him. It breaks my heart.

I have tried almost everything now, changing his diaper, feeding, and played some of my clam music, but nothing. Just crying and more crying.

"I know, honey." I say as I move my legs here and there in the room. Listening to him. I have him lying on his stomach on my arm, while I rub his back. It made him calm down in the end yesterday, but it takes almost four hours every night before he falls asleep.

"Hunter?" I turn to the door as I hear Sky say my name.

"Yes?" I say, trying to overdo his crying.

"You want me to take him?" She asks, worried, but I shake my head.

"No, it's fine." I tell her, smiling, I promised I would find a way to make this stop and I will.

"Are you sure, you have only slept three hours a night for a week now." She says as she stands next to me to put her hands around my waist.

"I am fine. I said I would find it out and I will." I remind her, but she shakes her head lightly.

"Hunt, don't be so..."
"I'm fine," I cut her off. I don't want to hear it.

"Just go back to sleep, you are taking the boys to their first day of school tomorrow, remember?" I say and kiss her cheek. She smiles, but there is still worry in her brown eyes.

"I love you, all of you." I promise her, because I don't care how tired I am. Listening to Jace is killing me. I hate it so much and it do not just affect me. Everyone is struggling with sleep and headaches.

"Okay," Sky smile, but it's not her real smile. She is worried. I can see it very clear, but there is not need to be scared.

"Just don't kill yourself." She teased, which makes me roll my eyes.

"I'm fine." I smile.

"I don't know how many times I have heard that." Sky says as she lean in to kiss my cheek.

"I really am." I promise.