11. Yes, your wife is very stubborn

I am standing outside of Sara's apartment. Sky wanted me to tell her that we are going to have our own kids. I don't like to be here alone, but Sky didn't feel very good. So, I am here without my savior. Can't believe I am doing this.

I knock on the door and not long after she opens it. Sara smiles as she sees me.

"Hi, Hunter." She says so glad. Her hair still dark blond, and her eyes blue. Before I left home, her hair looked messy, her eyes dead and her skin pale. Now she has straightened up. Her hair brushed, her eyes more alive and happy. It looks good on her.

"Hi, Sara." I tell her, flat. I still struggle to be around her, without seeing that awful apartment I lived in for fifteen years. The smell of smoke and alcohol that came into my nose every time I came home from school, not just that, the scent of old food, lying here and there. The red old paint on the walls that was peeling off. The floor that was so sticky from beer that my socks got stuck. Those nights I would hear my brother scream of pain. Not sure if listening to him or me getting hit myself was worse.

"You want to come in?" She asks me and I nod. I let myself through and sit down on the couch.

"Do you want anything?" She asks nicely, but I shake my head. It makes her sit down on the chair in front of me.

"I am just here to tell you something. Sky wanted me to, I can't really say no to her." I say and it makes Sara snort.

"Yes, your wife is very stubborn." She says, chuckling and it makes me roll my eyes, but can't keep the smile away. Yes, she can be hardheaded.

"So, what do you want to tell me, Hunter?" She asks curiously. I can't believe I am sitting in the same room with the one who gave birth to me and the one that didn't want me in the first place. Now I am going to tell her she is going to be a granny. I am not sure if I will ever let my kids know what she did to me, because I know deep down that she has changed. There is just that fear she gave me that keeps me not trusting her. I don't want my children to be scared of being around her.

"Skylar is pregnant with twins," I smile.

"You are going to be a grandmother." My words made her mouth drop wide open.

"You are going to be a mother? Oh my god! That's great, Hunter." She says so excited that it even makes me smile brighter.

"Yeah, I know. It's just amazing thinking about it."

"How far is she?" Sara asks wondering.

"12 weeks." I tell her. Skylar's belly is growing, and is still adorable. I don't think it has really gotten into me that we are going to have two kids. It feels so unreal.

"That's amazing, Hunter. I am so proud of you and Skylar." Her kind words make me smile.

"Thank you." I tell her grateful. It feels good to hear that from her.

"There is some other news as well. Sky and I am going to take in two five-year-old boys for Luke. Twins, they are amazing. I met them last week and they are going to live with us for a little while. So we are going to move, but not sure where right now. We are still looking." I tell her, those boys are wonderful, their grandmother did an amazing job to raise them. They are polite, and a little shy at first, but I guess Ethan and Nathan are going to be more energetic when they get more known to us. Luke was right, they are identical. Same hair color, light brown and brown eyes. It looks like they have been a lot out in the sun. They are more than than Sky and me.

"That's very kind of you two to do. I hope you will find something good for those boys and for your own kids." She says, smiling, but there is some kind of worry in her eyes.

"A-am I allowed to meet those boys and your children?" She ask unsure, and it makes me surprised. I know some think I am too hard on her, but they didn't meet the selfish, uncaring mother she was years ago. I'm glad she has turned into something else now.

"Of course you are." I promise her and it makes her familiar blue eyes shin more than anything.

"Thank you," she says almost crying.

"H-have you found out the names?" She ask and it makes me smile that she is so interested in what is going on in my life. She was not like that when I was younger.

"Most likely Andi and Jace." I tell her as she rubs her eyes.

"That's nice, I like those." She says. No wonder she likes them, she named me Hunter.

"Yeah, Andi comes from Andy, and Sky really wants the name Jace from her grandfather." I tell her, and she looks at me with widened eyes.

"That is a good idea, Hunter. It's wonderful names for both of them." She says, trying to hide the fact that she is very emotional right now.

"Yeah, I think so too." I tell her smiling, because I am so looking forward to hold those two little ones.

"Um, h-have you heard anything from David?" I ask, wondering, I haven't seen him since I ran away from his belt.

"No, I haven't seen him or heard from him since I went out looking for Andy and you, but I know where he is." Sara informs me and I nod, as I look down at the floor thoughtfully. That man is the reason that I can't sleep at night. Expect when Sky is with me, something she always is.

"If you ever would like to see him, again. Just ask me, I will tell you where he is. I am not forcing you or anything, because I understand how much you hate him, but it's just if you want to see him after eleven years." She tells me and it makes me bite my inner cheeks. I know that she is just offering me a chance to see how he looks like, but I am scared I would freak out if I do. Maybe getting some kind of closure with him would make feel a lot better, because after I started to talk with my mother, things have changed. I don't feel that rage towards her, and it makes me feel calmer and it's out of my mind.

"I will think about it, Sara."

oGw{