28. I am completely fine

It's been a couple of days since I made Jace go to sleep and if feels wonderful around the house. The boys can now be around him without being scared and worried. Andi and Jace can sleep next to each other without problems. I can finally be able to play with Ethan and Nathan without feeling I have to fall asleep. It felt awful that I couldn't spend so much time with them. Not even with Sky, but now I can finally sleep right.

"I love you so much." I say and kiss Sky's shoulder.

"I love you too, Hunt." She chuckles as she turns around on the bed to look at me, but she seems worried in some way.

"You know that I love that you found out how to make Jace sleep, but you can't break yourself, like you did. It makes me scared, because you looked so tired and it reminded me of the first time I saw you." She tells me concerned, but I shake my head.

"I'm fine, honey." I promise her as I cup her cheek. She closes her eyes and sigh.

"No, Hunter, you need to take care of yourself too. You can't just put everyone else in front of you all the time." She says upset and it makes me look down as I bite my inner cheeks.

"I am okay, honey." I smile as I meet her eyes, but she shakes her head as she turns around, giving me the cold shoulder. I lay my arm around her and kiss her cheek.

"I am completely fine." I whisper to her, but she does not say anything. I don't want her to think that I feel awful, that would make her more worried. Not like I feel bad, I feel nice. Maybe tired, but it's not like it is going to kill me. I might be stubborn and that freaks her out, but I love them all and I am scared I would lose them if I don't do anything.

They do all deserve everything I can manage to give to them. It might not be enough, but it is something at least. I want to give them as much as they should have, but I feel like that, no matter what I do, it's never enough and that is what keeps me going.

"I love you." I say. She sighs and it makes me worried.

"I'm sorry, honey." I whisper to her, but she shakes her head. I give in and just bury my face in her back. Breathing in her gorgeous scent that I can't get enough of. She smells so good. Her hair is so silky to touch, and she is always so warm. One of the reasons I love lying next to her, she keeps me warm at night. She takes the loneliness and the fear in me away. Sky is everything I have ever needed and the only one I have ever given my heart to. After nine years, she still has it, and I hope she is going to keep it until the day I die.

I don't know where I will end up if she left me. Maybe with Sara, but I wouldn't survive that. I can't live without Sky, and she knows that more than even I do. She changed everything. My whole life turned into something else than I expected when I was fifteen. When I stepped into that house and saw that beautiful blond girl that looked at me for a long while. I knew when I watched her that something was going to be different, even if she hated me for being there. The look in her eyes said something else, then the way she acted. She seemed like she hated me, and it really made me confused, because her brown eyes were curious.

She was very noisy, asked me a lot and even though she didn't know, she cared about me. It was very confusing. She could be nice and the next minute she would freak out. Well, it was my fault though. I didn't say those things she wanted to hear, because I couldn't. I didn't want her to know what happened to me and the reason I was there, but she was so stubborn. Sky didn't give in, she just kept on pushing, and I love her for that.

"I love you, honey." I say one more time and kiss her back.