3. Happy birthday

It's Saturday, and Skylar is still sleeping. I didn't have the heart to wake her, she has been so tired this whole week. It's almost two in the middle of the day, and I have been awake since twelve. Watching her sleep has been just amazing. Her light movements and the sound of her soft breathing. Just that is enough to make me love her. What made me really love her was that she tried very hard to get to know me. Sky is the first one that has ever done that, and I liked that she wanted to get into my head. She worked very hard and I appreciated it, because I have never felt more loved then I do today. Even though I struggled a lot with accepting her love for me. I think I still do, but don't tell her that.

I loved her, but I knew in a way she could not love me, because I was a mess, still am a mess. It made me feel horrible that I loved her, because I knew there was so much I couldn't give her. I wanted to, but my fear was tying me down. My heart was aching, because I knew that no matter what I would give her it would not be enough. I want to give her the whole world, but I can't and it hurts to know.

"Hunt?" I hear her ask me lightly with her amazing voice next to me.

"Yes, honey?" I answer and stroke her cheek. It's amazing, that something so little can make her smile so bright.

"Happy birthday." She tells me and it makes me snort.

"Thank you." I say as I lean down to kiss her temple, slowly.

"Hunt!" She laughs and I move back from her grinning. At least she is in a good mood today. She has been so damn angry lately. That every time she yells at me, I itch my head, confused. She just burst out and I stand there shocked, and every time, she leaves me without letting me say anything. Still, I can't get angry about that, I love her and she can scream and shout as much as she wants as long she do not step out of that door.

"Good morning." I tell her as she sits up next to me rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." She says, smiling so happy to me that it makes my heart warm. Then she cups my cheeks firm and kiss my forehead.

"I love you so much." She tells me on my skin.

"Love you too honey, but could you just let my face go?" I mumble. She is holding me so hard that my cheeks are hurting.

"Thank you." I say as she does it, and she grin so bright that her cheeks drown her eyes. It makes her look adorable.

"Are you hungry?" I ask her as I move out of the bed.

"You have no idea." She answer and it makes me raise my eyebrow. She is eating like an old man this week. It might be because she has been ill. I shrug it off as I step out of the room.

After breakfast, we sat down on the couch watching some TV. Sky is sitting between my legs, resting her head on my chest. I am holding her tight while she is stroking my arm. It's weird to think that years ago I would not have approved this. To be honest, I longed for someone to touch me, because I like the warmth and the soft feeling, but I did not have anyone. Until Sky showed up, or more like I showed up though. I was the one coming into the house, watching the grumpy blond. She was staring at me, for a long while. It made me uncomfortable, but I knew by the look in her eyes that there was something about her. That was special.

"Hunt?"

"Hmm?" I answer and kiss the top of her head.

"Can I give you the birthday gift now?" She ask, and I notice some excitement in her voice. I put my hand over her heart and feel it beat fast. She is nervous.

"Sure, honey." I say, smiling and she moves out of my arms. I sit on the edge of the couch as she sits down on her knees in front of me with her hands on my knees.

"You are not going to propose to me? Because I have already done that, honey." I tease, raising my eyebrow. She snorts and hit my knee.

"Of course not." She says amused.

"I am going to tell you something," She takes my hands in hers, making me nervous as well. She is not going to leave me is she? Because that would be the worst birthday present ever. My parents never bought me a gift. The only thing I got those nights was a hit from a belt in my back. It took some seconds before I got the air back into my lungs. I would rather get hit like that every night, then, for Sky to leave me.

She is the one that keeps my nightmares away day and night. Sky knows that. I would fall apart if she walked away from me. She is the one that keeps the smile on my face, the one that makes my heart tickle when I see her. I have never loved anyone before, except for her. It's just her, there is not going to be anyone, but her. My heart is pounding, and I can hear it in my ears.

"I'm pregnant."