Chapter 28

When I woke up, it was 10 o' clock in the morning. I was exhausted, but when I rolled over, I couldn't fall back asleep. Regretfully, I sat up in bed and stretched my arms over my head. My phone was on the pillow next to me, and I pulled my knees up to my chest and pulled the covers up over them. I heard the phone ring once, and Zach's sexy voice picked up. "Hello?" his voice said, groggy and rough with sleep.

"Hey, babe," I said happily.

"Hey, baby," he replied with more life in his voice.

"What's up? Did I wake you up?"

"Not much and yeah," he replied.

"Well, I'd say sorry, except you sound really sexy when you first wake up, so I'm really not. Sorry, I mean." Zach laughed.

"It's okay. And thank you," he replied.

"Heh. Remind me to wake you up more often," I giggled.

"Heh. Okay then." I giggled again.

"I miss you," I said.

"Just a little over fourteen hours."

"Yup," I said excitedly.

"Uh-huh. I can't wait to see you, hold you, kiss you..." Zach trailed off.

"Hehe," I giggled. "I can't wait to see you, have you hold me, kiss me. Especially kiss me." Zach chuckled.

"Don't worry, there'll be plenty of time for that once you get back," he assured me.

"Heh. I can't wait. You're seriously amazing," I giggled.

"You're sexy and beautiful. Plus amazing."

"Awh, Zach, you're so sweet!"

"You're sweeter!"

"No, you are!"

"No, you are!"

"No, you are!!" I exclaimed.

"Ugh, stop it! Oh, heavenly father, make it stop!" I heard Shane groan in the background.

"Oh, shut it, Shane. Love makes the world go round," I sang. I heard him groan, and Zach chuckled.

"He shoved his head under a pilow," he stated.

"Awh, he can't appreciate the love," I whined.

"No, no he can't," Zach laughed.

"So, babe, do your parents know about me?"

"Yup, and they can't wait to meet you. What about your parents?" he asked with a tinge of worry in his voice.

"Yeah, my mom knows about you. My dad's kinda...err... welll... you know. But my mom wants to meet you. She says you sound sweet," I grinned. "Which you are," I added.

"Well thank you, but you're sweeter."

"No you are!"

"Uh-uh. You are, Taylor!"

"No you are!"

"Really? This again?" Shane asked in disbelief.

"Uh-huh," I replied happily; Shane groaned.

"Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop!" he chanted, and I laughed.

"I have a feeling Shane's not gonna be very happy with me when I get back," I told Zach.

"Yeah, same here. But oh well, I'll protect you, baby," he said.

"Awh, Zach!" I squealed.

"You're so cute," Zach laughed.