Chapter 10

Ashley and I didn't really have anything we wanted to do at the mall, so we kind of just wandered around mindlessly. We went into Claire's and I got the cutest wallet, and then we went to Icing and Ashley got a couple of lip glosses and eyeliners. And then, we discovered that our mall had a MAC store. "Oh. My. Gosh. Do I see what I think I see?"

"If you're seeing the MAC store, then absolutely!" I replied.

"Since when did we have one of these?"

"I have absolutely no clue!"

"What are we waiting for?" Ashley and I looked around the MAC store like a child in a candy store. The only difference was we each had one hundred bucks to burn. "Oh my god," I said. Walls were filled with eyeshadows, lipgloss, lip stain, eyeliner, and more makeup products then you could imagine. "Okay we're totally gonna like need to rob the place!" Ashley said. We looked at all sorts of different things and helped each other choose. "Do you think this would look good on me?" Ashley asked, holding an eye quad with green, pink, and two purples up to her face. "I don't know..." I trailed off. A gorgeous woman with hazel eyes and brown hair came up behind me. "Can I help you ladies?" she asked. Ashley, being the social butterfly, replied. "Yeah, actually. Do you think this would look good on me?" She thrusted the eye quad towards the assistant. The employee looked from the eye quad to Ashley to the eye quad again. "I think so, but come here," she told us. She grabbed Ashley's hand and led her to a chair. She gave Ashley a complete makeover. By the end, Ashley looked completely gorgeous, like she could be a model in fact. Ashley stared at herself in awe. "Did you give me a painless face transplant or something?" Ashley asked. The assistant laughed like tinkling wind chimes. "No, just used a little bit of these," she said. She shoved the eye quad, a tube of liquid black eyeliner, a tube of black mascara, a tube of Date Night dazzleglass, and a container of blush towards Ashley. Ashley scooped it all up in her hands and brought it to the cash register. "Oh, now can you do her?" Ashley asked the woman, pushing me towards her. "Sure," the employee replied cheerfully, and she led me over to the same chair Ashley had been in. I felt a little bit nervous but the woman made Ashley look like an angel; surely she could do the same for me?

     About fifteen minutes later, the assistant broke the silence. "You can open your eyes now," she told me. I cautiously opened my eyes and looked in the mirror and gasped. I looked like a freakin' actress. "Oh my god." Ashley said. "You like it?" the woman asked. "Like it? I look like friggin' Jennifer Aniston, I love it!" I replied. The woman now pushed a tube of Girl's Delight dazzleglass, Sun Blonde eyeshadow, liquid black eyeliner, mascara, and a container of blush towards me. I scooped all of it up as well and went towards the checkout. "Oh my god that was amazing!" Ashley exclaimed as we walked out of MAC. We both had small bags swinging by our side filled with the make up that made us look perfect. However, it was, of course, too good to be true.

     "Hey, beautiful," I heard a deep voice behind me comment. I winced and turned to see myself face to face with Shane. "You know, I've seen a lot more of you then I want to in the past three days," I said. "You've only seen me three times!" Shane argued. "And that is three too many." I retorted. "Um, Taylor?" Ashley whispered in my ear. "Why the hell is Shane talking to you?"

"I honestly don't know, but let me handle this." I turned to face Shane again. "So remind me again why you've decided to mess up my perfect afternoon Shane?"

"I was just checking to see if you'd had any..." Shane cleared his throat. "Regrets."

"No, now f off!" I screamed, then stormed off in the other direction.