Chapter 23!! ****

We walked up the steps up to Shane's house, and we were almost immediatley met by Ryan and Ashley. "Hey!" I said and reached out to hug Ashley. We laughed, and the guys rolled their eyes. "Okay, ready," I said, looking up at Zach. He smiled down at me, and he took my hand. Our fingers intertwined, and we finished walking up the stairs. We looked at each other once, and then, together, we opened the door to the party.

           When we walked in, Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO was playing. We pushed our way through the crowd where teens were dancing and grinding against each other. Zach held a tighter grip on my hand and pulled me in between the kids. He pulled me into the kitchen, and he grabbed a blue cup off of the counter, which I assumed had alchol of some sort inside it. He brought the cup to his lips and took a deep gulp. I stared at one of the blue cups and briefly remembered what had happened the last time I had drunk alchol... Did I want to risk it happening again? I shook my head to clear my thoughts; this was a party, and I was here to have fun. So, I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed a cup. Zach smiled at me, and he dragged me back into the main area of the party. Zach pulled me onto the dance floor. "Zach! I can't dance!" I exclaimed in his ear.

"Don't worry," Zach reassured me. "Just talk to me, and it'll seem like we know what we're doing." Zach grinned. I returned his smile, and I took his advice. By this time, both our cups were empty, so Zach (being the gentleman) took our cups and threw them out, just in time for DJ Shane to switch the song. "Alright party people," I rolled my eyes at that line. "I'd like to dedicate this next song to my best friend, Taylor!" Zach's eyes fell on me, and I mouthed Tell you later. He nodded, and Starry Eyed began to play. Zach and I headed to the kitchen to get more drinks. "So do you want the explanation to that?" Zach nodded wordlessly as I began to tell him what happened. "See, I found out something about Shane, and he was crying when he told me. And so I started to sing Starry Eyed to him just cuz it was something for me to do, and it seemed to calm him down. He was pretty hysterical."

"Oh, okay. I just... Nevermind." I shrugged my shoulders. Zach grabbed another blue glass, but I shrugged it off. I went to Shane's fridge and grabbed a Coke. We went back to where teens were losing themselves in the music. Some couples were slow dancing, some girls were grinding on random guys, and some looked unsure of what to do. I grabbed Zach's hand and pulled him up to the DJ booth. "Hey, Shane!" I shouted over the music.

"Oh, hey Taylor!" he shouted back. "Are you liking the party?"

"Yeah, it's awesome! Can I make a request?"

"Sure, I don't see why not. What song?"

"T.G.I.F. by Katy Perry." Shane turned his attention to his laptop and after a few clicks, he found it. I grabbed a napkin and wrote something down on it. "When you change songs, I want you to say this," I shouted at him before pulling Zach back. After Starry Eyed ended, Shane turned on the mic again. "Okay, this was a request by Taylor who says that this is going to be my song in the morning... I wonder why?" he scratched his head, which earned a laugh from everyone. Then T.G.I.F. started to play. Zach and I laughed and abandoned our drinks on a table. We joined the dance floor, and I started to dance with Zach. I liked him. He didn't make me do anything I didn't want to, and we just danced for the fun of it.

At around 11 o' clock, the alchol was wearing off, and I wanted to get back home before anyone crazy started driving, so I told Zach and he agreed without hesitation. We headed up to the DJ booth to tell Shane we were hittin' the road when a random chick started to grind on Zach. He and I both looked at her in disgust, and he attempted to shove her off of him; she just turned around and smashed their lips together. "Oh my God! Get off of him you b*tch!" I exclaimed. I gave her a shove on the shoulder, which was effective on getting her off Zach. Zach sent me a grateful look, but before long, the chick had their lips together again. I looked at her for a minute, and I nearly broke down right there. It was the girl Alec had been cheating on me with. Zach gave her a hard shove to the chest and wrapped his arm around my waist. "C'mon, let's get out of here," he muttered. I was on the verge of tears, so all I could do was nod. He and I made our way outside and took a deep breath of fresh air. I inhaled deeply when I caught the sharp pollutant of smoke. I started coughing like crazy. Zach patted my back but I waved him off. I reached for my inhaler in my purse when I realized that I didn't have my purse on me. Sh*t, must have left it inside. Oh well, my phone was at home, but I still needed my  inhaler. Slowly my vision began to blur, and I heard Zach yell at someone to call 911. I felt myself fall, but never felt myself land because I passed out cold.