49

It was quite odd for Michael being the only person at the house. The colourful headed boy bit his lip as he stared at the wall clock constantly ticking, his ears pounding and his heart racing from each passing second. 

"Honey, we're home!" 

Michael snapped his head towards the door, seeing Calum, Noah and Luke entering the little house. "Mikey!" Luke squealed, running towards his boyfriend and throwing himself onto him, his legs latching onto the older boy's waist. Michael grinned and tucked his hands underneath Luke's thighs before nuzzling his nose against Luke's, "How was your first session on your professional private lessons, Lukey?" he asked, Luke humming and pecking his cheek softly.

"Oh! Lukey had fun, Mikey! Lukey learned lots of things and can speak more properly now!" the little hybrid giggled, nuzzling his face onto Michael's torso and purring affectionately at the warmth the older boy radiated off. Michael smiled down at his boyfriend, carefully lifting one of his hands from Luke's thighs and petting the smaller boy's soft black tufts. 

Michael's eyes darted towards Noah, who was already looking at him with a smile playing on his lips. "And how about you little buddy? How was your first day of school?" he asked, ruffling Noah's hair. Noah laughed quietly, clinging onto Michael's arm and snuggling his cheek against it. "It was good! I made new friends, and Nora was there too!" he spoke, Michael nodding and carefully sitting down on the couch. 

Luke sat on his lap while Noah sat beside him, Calum sitting himself on the lazy boy chair and sighing. "Uncle Cal! Why do you look tired?" Noah asked curiously, Calum laughing and shaking his head. " 'm not tired bud, the only thing I did today was pick you guys up from your schools." he said, combing his fingers through his hair. Michael stared at the messy locks on the top of Calum's head, knowing full well how the tan boy was annoyed by it and wanted to have a trim but didn't have the time to.

The little hybrid gently poked Michael's cheek, Michael looking at him with his eyebrows raised. Luke giggled, kissing Michael's cheek sweetly before giving him a soft peck on the lips. Noah silently crawled over to the tellie and sat criss cross on the floor while looking through the movies from the tiny cabinet underneath the television. 

Calum noticed and knelt down next to him, smiling at the movie Noah chose and plugging the dvd in before scooping Noah's scrawny figure in his arms and placing him on his lap as he sat down on the lazy boy chair once again. 

Luke laid his head on the crook of Michael's neck, keeping his eyes glued on the screen while his tiny hands gripped onto Michael's shirt. Michael smiled around him, his hands resting on Luke's waist as he held the hybrid close to him not wanting to let go of the younger boy.

Not now, not ever. 

And as he thought about the people who came into his life and who stayed, he was glad because he has everything he ever wished for and he couldn't have asked for more

:-(

never fear! the epilogue is long and totally makes up for this one because this one was just hella short,  oops.

and also I am so very sorry for being such a shitty writer urgh I feel terrible.

the character ask will be coming soon and then the epilogue! this book will be officially finish before the year ends. 

I love you guys so much and hopefully you guys still feel the same way about me even with my lack of writing and updates x

[ thoughts about what'll happen in the epilogue? I'd love to know what you guys are thinking about ]

[ also would you guys like a happy ending or a sad ending? this all depends on you guys! ]