3

"Ashton, are you sure you weren't seeing things?" Michael asked, carrying Luke out of the bedroom.

"I'm sure, Mike. I'm not going mad!" Ashton protested, marching ahead of Michael sassily. "You sound like it." Michael muttered as they sat down on the couch.

"I'll prove it! Here, put him down." Ashton said, determined to get Michael to believe him. Michael sighed, knowing that there was no point in stopping Ashton once he's set on doing something. He placed the kitten down gently on the floor and Luke didn't protest, instead he sat up straight and glanced at the two boys. "Ashton, what are you gonna do?" Michael asked as Ashton stared down at the kitten. Ashton ignored Michael's question as he leaned down closer to the kitten until he was face to face with him.

"Luke, can you understand me?" Ashton asked Luke softly, not wanting to scare the kitten. "Ash, I don't think tha-" Luke nodded slowly, making Michael stop mid-sentence. "See! Did you freakin' see that?! Oh jesus tell me you saw that! He replied, Mike! I told you so!" Ashton squealed, "Luke, umm can you change back into your human form?" Michael had his jaw hanging open, no words coming out of his mouth as he stared at the cute little kitten on the floor who was staring intently at Ashton.

Luke nodded again, causing Michael to break out of his trance. "Will you change now? Please?" Ashton asked calmly, his face growing soft as he waited for the kitten to respond. Luke shut his eyes and shook his head. "Why not?!" Ashton yelled, making Luke wince and growl. Because you won't like me anymore, no one likes my human form. They want me as a cute kitty, not some kitty who's also a human and known as a freak. Luke thought.

"Mmeoow." Luke mewled, turning away from the boys. "Damnit, did I just piss him off or something?" Ashton muttered, watching the kitten as it padded away to hide underneath one of Michael's lazy boy chairs. "W-what? H-How?" Michael whispered. "The metal brace remember? It was true, he is half human. A hybrid!" Ashton said while pulling Luke out from underneath the chair and craddling him.

"You mean, he's been experimented on?" Michael asked, afraid of the answer. "Yes, Mike! It all makes sense now! Maybe Luke was chained up at the alleyway because the people who owned him wants him to not be seen." Ashton answered, petting the now purring kitten. "I'm guessing they're scientists, you know some scientists have really twisted minds." he added.

Damn, watching those mystery and law series really paid off. Ashton thought, mentally smiling.

"Why would anyone do something so cruel?" Michael muttered, taking Luke from Ashton's arms and hugging him close. Luke was surprised, no one had ever gave him this affection. It was like they really did care for him and that made him very happy. Luke nuzzled his nose on Michael's chest and purred, closing his eyes as well.

"Luke, I promise you that I will never leave you and that I'll help you, even if it's until forever." Michael whispered, smiling to himself when he heard the soft purring of the kitten. Michael is so cute, he cares so much. Luke thought, feeling all bubbly inside.

"Luke? Could you please show Michael your human form now?" Ashton asked politely, gazing at Luke with soft eyes. Luke shook his head, nervous to change in front of the first people who truly cared for him. You'll think I'm a freak. He thought. Ashton sighed, then stood up.

"Ring me if he changes alright? I have to go, I have er-uh plans today." Ashton said, turning a dark shade of red after. "Okay, bye Ash. I'll see you later." Michael waved at Ashton with his free hand before returning to concentrate on comforting the now sleeping kitten on his arms.

:)

You guys are sweethearts I swear. I woke up to the last chapter being accelerated to 10 freaking votes and there's comments!! Ahhhh you guys make me so damn happy.

Anyway there's an amazing sketch by idiot-scribbles. She's amazing, man! That's all now, Byeee!! AND NEXT CHAPTER IS TEARING APART MY FEELS.