11

"Lukey, I have to go to work now." Michael chuckled, prying the now stuffed Luke off of him. Luke's eyes widened as he realized that 'work' meant that Michael had to leave. "Mikey! Nnnnngh!" Luke whined, snuggling his face on the crook of Michael's neck as he tried to sit back down on the dyed-haired boy's lap.

Calum snickered as he watched Michael's reaction on Luke's actions.

He is so whipped for the boy. Calum thought, smirking when Michael gave him a look.

"Lukey... I'll be back soon and Calum will be here with you!" Michael said, pulling the boy away from his neck just so he could look at him in the eyes. Michael kissed Luke's nose and Luke scrunched it up adorably and giggled. "Aww, that's so damn cute!" Calum gushed, holding his own cheeks and pinching it.

"Yeah, yeah. C'mon now Luke, I really have to go." Michael said. Luke nodded and stood up, he pulled Michael up and hugged his torso. Michael leaned down and kissed the top of his head while hugging him back, "Be a good boy okay? Do your best in studying too and follow what Calum says." Michael whispered, pressing a kiss on Luke's forehead and then finally let go of him. Luke nodded as he watched Michael grab his leather jacket.

What's a work? If it makes Mikey leave then I don't like it. Luke thought, watching as Michael opened the front door. "Bye Lukey." he smiled before walking out, shutting the door behind him softly. Luke frowned as he stared at the door, his eyes filling up with tears. Calum put his hand over Luke's shoulder and smiled at him warmly, "Don't worry Luke, Mike will be back before you even know it! No need to worry. Here I brought you the stuff you need to use for studying!" Calum said cheerfully.

He reached for his satchel and got out Luke's studying materials. "Here are your books, these are your pencils which you use to write and draw with and these are your crayons, it's for coloring." Luke looked at the objects, already eyeing the pencil, crayons and sketch book giddily.

"Now let's learn a word or two yeah?"

- - -

"Luke? I'm home!" Michael said with a yawn, walking inside. "Mikey! Lukey fun today!" Luke squealed, running to Michael and hugging him tightly. "Woah that's great Luke! Was Calum being good?" Michael asked, smiling as he's being dragged by Luke to the living room. "Very very good!" Luke cheered, sitting Michael down on the sofa. "Calum in bathroom." he said, reaching for the coffee table.

"Mikey look! Lukey draw!" Luke said, sitting down on Michael's lap, and holding up his sketch book in front of his face. Michael smiled, gently taking the sketch book from the bloke's hands and taking them in his own. He opened it and looked at his drawing. "I-I-uh wow Luke, these are really really good. I can't- I can't even draw like that." Michael gawked, impressed at the flower crown his kitten drew.

Calum was leaning against the wall beside the bathroom and smiled at Michael's reaction with Luke's drawing. "Hey Mike, can I talk to you?" Calum said once Michael was done complimenting Luke. "Yeah, sure." Michael said, handing Luke his sketch book and placing him on the sofa. Luke smiled, opening up his sketch book and started drawing in it again. Michael followed Calum to the kitchen, who was smiling at him when he arrived.

"So how was he?" Michael asked, hopping up to sit on one of the counters. "Well it was pretty damn good. He learned a bunch of words, he can pronounce words better and he can keep up a conversation. Around lunch time, I cooked him some eggs. When I came back to him, he was just drawing this amazing and very detailed picture of... things. He's got a steady hand no doubt about it, I don't know how, but he does. The picture that he drew honestly had me thinking." Calum said, leaning against the door frame of the kitchen door.

"What is it?" Michael asked, giving Calum a concerned look. "Well it's two people, they had their arms wrapped around the other's shoulders with... cat ears and-and a tail, just like him. They even looked like him. I asked him if he was drawing himself with his reflection but he said no. He wouldn't tell me who they were because when I started asking him, he started tearing up so I just gave him his eggs and let him eat. He really likes eggs by the way, with ketchup." Calum said, chuckling.

"Hmmm okay. Well thanks for everything Calum! Are you sure you don't want the money?" Michael asked, reaching for his wallet. "Yeah, I'm sure. Besides, I don't have anything else to do anyway. The kids I tutored are in their break so yeup." Calum said, messing up his hair.

"Alright then. Well you don't have to teach him everyday. How about just Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays?" Michael suggested and Calum nodded, "I'll see you on Wednesday then." Calum said, walking out the kitchen and hugging Luke a goodbye. Michael watching them from the kitchen door.

"Oi Mike, you can keep the supplies I got him." Calum said, putting on his coat and opening the door. "Alright thanks so much Calum!" Michael waved Calum a goodbye, "Bye guys!" Calum bidded before shutting the door behind him. Michael looked over to his kitten who was focused on drawing on his sketch book, "Are you hungry, kitten?" Michael asked.

Luke glanced up at Michael and nodded his head quickly, closing his sketch book and putting it on the coffee table. "Alright, let's order pizza!" Michael cheered, "And if you never had pizza then I don't know how you survived!" Michael added, poking Luke's sides which made Luke giggle and wiggle himself. Michael took his phone out and started ordering their cheesy treat.

How does he talk to people in that rectangle? Luke thought, still confused and curious about the object. Soon enough, Michael placed his phone on the coffee table and sat next to Luke. "W-what that?" Luke asked, pointing at Michael's phone. "That, my dear kitten, is a phone. When you enter a specific number in it, you can talk to the person who's phone owns that number. You can also play games on it." Michael explained, Luke leaning on Michael's chest and just resting his head there.

"N-num...buh?" Luke quietly asked, grabbing both of Michael's hands and wrapping the arms of Michael around himself. "Oh, Calum hasn't taught you numbers yet? Well he will soon so don't you worry your pretty little head." Michael said, wrapping his arms properly around Luke and kissing the back of his head.

Luke fiddled with his flower bracelet and smiled, "Oh by the way, Ashton said he wanted to take care of you tomorrow while I'm at work. Is that okay?" Michael asked. "Hmmmkay." Luke purred, turning around so his face was pressed onto Michael's shirt. Michael reached for Luke's sketch book and scanned through his drawings, "You're really good at drawing, Lukey. Where did you learn it from?" Michael asked, glancing down at Luke was was absent-mindly tracing doodles onto his shirt.

"No tell." Luke mumbled. Michael raised his eyebrows and wondered what he was hiding. "Why not Lukey? You can tell me anything, you know that." Michael whispered, running his hand through Luke's hair and peering at his eyes. "No want tell." Luke said, grabbing a fistful of Michael's shirt. "Why not Lukey? You don't have to feel ashamed, your skills are really good. I just want to know how you learned, 's all." Michael murmured.

Luke looked up at Michael, tears about to spill out of his shiny grey eyes.

"Luke brothers." he whispered.

:)

So on the top is a cute cover made by @polaroidxirwin, she's such a cutie aww.