17

That picture of Mikey with Pika is to say sorry for this sucky chapter. Plus longest chapter I've ever done.

"Lukey cold." Luke mumbled as they walked into the store. It was actually pretty empty, there were only about 4 or 5 people. Ashton pulled his beanie down and led Luke to the cashier where Michael was. Luke was about to smile but he saw a guy which he thought was more prettier than him talking to Michael.

Luke furrowed his eyes in frustration when Michael and the guy hugged warmly. Michael even gave out a small smile. Ashton on the other hand was happy to see the old bloke, him and the guy were childhood friends after all.

"Lukey not like... that." Luke muttered harshly, pointing at the ombre haired lad. Ashton raised his brows at Luke before looking back at his bestfriends. He then got the idea, "Luke... are you jealous?" Ashton asked, clearly amused because Luke was glaring intently at the guy and low growls were escaping his lips.

"Does not know what thats mean." Luke hissed, trying his best not to let out his claws and his sharp kitten teeth. "Luke, jealous means that you get angry at the people who's talking to the person you like or love." Ashton explained simply, pulling out a crisp bill because he was gonna buy Luke a cookie and maybe some other stuff.

Luke watched as the guy gave Michael a brown paperbag before he left, leaving Michael alone in the cash register. Ashton tugged Luke towards Michael as Luke grew nervous and his jealousy feelings subsided.

"Michael! why hasn't Luke tried a cookie yet?" Ashton yelled, making Michael's eyes flicker up from the comic book he was reading. "Oh. Hi Ashton. Hey Luke." Michael said, rolling his eyes and turning his attention back to his comic book. "Michael, don't be a jerk face. Just forgive Luke, he probably can't even explain himself!" Ashton huffed, grabbing Michael's comic and holding it up so the dyed-haired boy can't reach it.

"I am at work, Ashton, don't bug me! And so what if he can't say certain words, he's been doing fine so far. I just want to know his past because goddamnit! He knows so much about me and I don't know a thing about his past!" Michael ranted, tugging Ashton by his arm harshly and grabbing his comic back. Luke stood beside Ashton, his stormy blue eyes watering as he saw how mad Michael is. "Lukey try p-pro-tek Mikey!" Luke whimpered, tugging the jacket around himself, his small frame drowning in the jacket.

"Protect me from what? Oh I wouldn't know now would I because you won't tell me about your past! And I'm a big boy, I can protect myself. I DON'T NEED PROTECTING ESPECIALLY FROM YOU!" Michael yelled, making Luke flinch. "Michael Gordon Clifford! That is enough damn it!" Ashton hissed, slapping his hand on Michael's mouth.

Luke's bottom lip trembled, his eyes spilling out tears. "Lukey t-thought M-Mikey love L-Lukey." Luke mumbled softly. "W-What? How do you even know what love is? It's not like you've ever experienced it." Michael said coldy, slightly muffled by Ashton's hand. "CLIFFORD!" Ashton gasped, his face tinging with red. "Why the fucking hell would you say that? That's out of the limit, Michael, and you know that." Ashton growled, wrapping his arm around a crying Luke and walking away from Michael.

"Lukey sorry. Sorry. Sorry." Luke cried, his face pressed against Ashton's shoulder. "No Luke, you don't need to apologize. I am so sorry that Michael is being an ass. He's the one that has to apologize. No one deserves to be talked to like that." Ashton said softly, pulling Luke closer to him. "I'll buy you sweets yeah? Everything always gets better with sweets."

Luke cried more than he ever did because he doesn't want Ashton saying that and holding him. He wants Michael.

- - -

"Cookies yummy!" Luke laughed, sucking the chocolatey goodness off his finger, a few hours later, sitting cross-legged on the couch. Ashton was being extremely silly, laughing and playing with Luke, desperate to cheer him up and distract his thoughts of Michael. "I know! They're so good!" Ashton replied, handing him another chocolate chip cookie.