48

"You're not going to kill anyone."

Charles growled, "Who said that?" he turned around to see Lucas and Harley standing next to Ashton and Noah, Lucas holding a serum in one hand while the other held Harley's hand.

"Look who decided to show up, my best friend whom betrayed me. How does it feel like betraying someone, Lucas?" Charles spat, holding up an injection and his lips curled up in a smile. "I'm sorry I betrayed you," Lucas started, watching as Charles's smile start to turn downwards. "But, you're doing the wrong things, things that aren't forgivable any longer. And I don't like seeing you like this, you're slowly falling from yourself and it hurts seeing you like this."

The man with the metallic eyes glowered lowly, "There is no more cure for a man like me, nothing can help me change because this is how I am and this is what I am suppose to do." Lucas sighed, "No Charles, that's what you believe you're suppose to do. When we were kids, you were still sane, you used to bake cookies for goodness sake! But then one day you changed, why? I don't understand Charles, you never told me and you still won't tell me. How will I help you if you don't open up to me?"

"Because it's not easy! It's not easy telling you that when I was an infant, my own mother dropped me on the head and I'm not fully recovered from the incident, that everyday as  kid I saw my own bloody father attack my mom! And I just hid in my room because I was too scared to do anything. Every time I think of those times I still cower in fear and feel goosebumps crawl over my skin." Charles seethed, his nostrils enlarging.

"But, on that one day something changed inside me, all I saw was red and how I wanted to murder my father. Which was a success, I was never happier, seeing my mom no longer have bruises and peace at home. Then it became an addiction, a hobby but then I found this hybrid thing interesting and I soon picked up from it. And I am not letting you or your friends get away with something I worked on for years!"

Charles lurched forward, his injection almost reached Noah but Luke held him back, his kitten teeth growing and sinking into Charles's neck, drawing blood from the grown man and made him whine out in pain.

Calum quickly unchained Michael, the boy stumbling out from the table with the help of Calum and winced at the pain lurching his body. His green eyes widened at the sight of his sweet kitty biting Charles neck, suddenly feeling angry all over and shrugged off Calum's grip onto him, surging forward to Charles and punching him square in the jaw.

"This. is. for. hurting. Luke." he punched Charles on the torso in between each of his words, "And. for. being. a. psychotic. bastard. and. killing. all. of. those. innocent. people." he punched Charles one last time in the gut, the man puking out blood and took shaky breathers.

Luke pulled away, his mouth and teeth covered in red substance and it looked the same as Michael's fists. Lucas came over, holding the serum in his hands and smiled over at all of his friends. "Time for you to taste your own medicine, yeah?" he plunged the serum into Charles's skin, the man groaning in pain before he got quieter and quieter.

They all looked at each other, sighing in exhaust and relief. "It's all over now."

- - -

Luke held Michael's hand, smiling brightly at him as the older boy read the short comic strip his boyfriend made for him.

"This is amazing, Luke. The cutest and nicest comic I've ever seen." Michael cooed, puckering his lips and Luke leaning down to kiss his favourite set of plump lips. "W-When Mikey o-out hospipal?" Luke wondered aloud, not used to the new scenery set out.

Michael chuckled, "We'll get to go home tomorrow, Lukey, the doctors want to make sure I don't have any serious injuries and whatnot." he said, Luke nodding and cuddling into Michael's arm. "G-Good, misses Noah and Calum and Ashton at home." he giggled, Michael giggling along with him because he could never resist his boyfriend's cute little giggle.

"Mmh, Harley and Lucas already left yeah? Already left for their trip to Canada." Michael said, Luke looking at him and nuzzling his nose on Michael's neck.

"Mikey?" Luke whispered.

"Yes Lukey?"

"Lukey lovah you, foreber and eber."

Michael smiled at the hybrid, pulling him closer and kissing his little nose softly. "And I love you forever and ever too, maybe even more."

:-)

one more chapter and an epilogue, do you guys hear me crying?

I love this book so so much and all of the characters, yes even you Charles, and of course all of you lovely people reading this.

so before I write the epilogue and after I publish the 49th chapter, I will be doing another character ask so pretty please join me in this and ask all of the questions you want :--)

Character Ask: [closed]

Lukey!

Mikey!

Ash!

Cal!

Lucas!

Harley!

Noah!

Nora!

Charles!

and Me!

thank you so so much for 130+k reads you guys are absolutely the best people ever xx