Chapter Thirty Four | For My Brother

_____

Man I won't stop loving you ever

Do you understand, til your last breath

Til the last drop past death

Til forever end and that's never

Man I won't give up on your ever

Please just hear this

Sometimes you gotta walk through the darkness

To get to the light

Sometimes you gotta get through the wrong shit

To get to the right

No matter how hard life gets you still gotta fight - Jhene Aiko
______

Two Months Later (August)
______

Essence

I woke up this morning feeling way better than I did any other day. I wasn't grumpy and down, I felt good. Today was a very special day for me and what made it even more special was waking up to breakfast cooked by my two favorite boys. I couldn't help but to feel loved and appreciated as I was served with breakfast in bed on my special day.

"Happy birfday ma ma," Domani grinned as he came closer and kissed me on my cheek. My heart melted as I wrapped my arms around him and returned the kiss, with a little more motherly love added in too. You know it wouldn't be me if I wasn't extra.

"Thank you baby," I smiled and released him from my grasp. He went back to jumping around on the bed, like his usual silly and hyper self. I allowed him to do as he pleased as I focused my gaze on the father of my child, my husband, my bestfriend, my lover, my all wrapped into one handsome man.

"Happy birthday sexy, I love you." He smirked as he climbed into the bed next to me and planted a kiss onto the opposite cheek as Domani had done.

I frowned and looked at him like he was crazy. Today was my birthday and he was handing out bullshit ass "cheek" kisses. That wasn't going to do for me, not today. I leaned over to him and grabbed his chin, pulling his face closer to mine. I pressed my lips firmly against his in a real birthday.

"I love you too," I whispered in return as I pulled away from the kiss and looked around the room. There were balloons and gift bags all over the place. Damn, I must have been sleeping hard because this wasn't here when I went to bed and I didn't hear them moving around.

"Ma ma, da da, ew. Nasty!" Domani yelled as he pointed at me and Money after we pulled away from the kiss that we'd shared. I chuckled and starting putting the strawberry jam onto my toast, but he continued to jump up and down on the bed.

"Ew my ass, this my woman lil' nigga." Money said as he got up from the bed and snatched Domani up into his arms. He started to throw him up in the air playfully, while Domani only burst into fits of laughter. I smiled as I watched them interact, while stuffing my face with food. I loved me some breakfast food, it was a craving that I'd developed during this pregnancy.

I ate my food while watching them play around on the bed. I didn't bother to stop them or interfere, because I knew they would try to steal some on my food. I kept quiet as the both of them occupied each other while I ate. It was surprisingly very good too, seeing as Money can't cook for shit in his life.

After I was done eating my breakfast, I drunk my entire glass of orange juice and leaned back against the headboard. Money took the tray from my lap and the two of them headed out of the room. I sat back and rubbed my hand around my five month old belly. I was about to get up to get a peek at my gifts, but my little angel had other plans. I felt my food quickly making it's way back up my throat.