Chapter Twenty Nine | When They Come For Me

_____

Tell them boys i'll be hell when they come for me

Me and every single nigga that got love for me

See I got money on my mind

But the haters wont leave me alone

So I'm ridin everyday, with every pistol that I own - Lil Wayne
_____

Essence

"Baby, can you tie my shoe for me please?" I asked Money nicely from the bed. He grabbed my duffel bag from the chair and threw it over his shoulder, before looking back at me with a straight face. After he sighed, he came back over towards the bed and bent down so that he could tie my shoe.

"Thanks daddy," I smiled as I patted the top of his head playfully. He smacked his lips and stood up with a mug on his face, which only made me smirk in return. It was just a joke, but he didn't find it amusing at all. The smirk dropped as I looked at his expression. I don't know what his problem was, but I was happy to be released after a month of being in here.

"Damn, sorry. I don't know why you're acting like somebody stuck something up your ass." I said and rolled my eyes at his stank attitude. Maybe I was just too happy about my release, but excuse me if I'm a bit excited to see the light again after so long.

"My foot gone be stuck up yo' ass if you don't come on." he replied bluntly as he headed towards the door of the room. I jumped from the bed and stared at his back as he walked away from me. I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest, without even following behind him. I was confused about his behavior.

Once he had opened the door to my hospital room and realized I wasn't behind him, he turned back around and looked at me with a frown. I continued to stand there and just stared at him as he did the same to me. I don't know what his problem was, but I was going to find out.

"Essence, come on man." he said impatiently, but I didn't bother to even reply. I continued to stare at him as he made his way back over to me. He reached out for my hand, but I pulled it away just in time to miss his grasp. Right then, a sigh escaped my throat as I stared up at him.

"What's up with you?" I found myself asking in utter concern. He sighed deeply before looking away from me, towards anything that was visible, other than me. I grabbed his chin with my fingertips and made him look directly at me. I was way shorter than him, but I did the best that I could. I wanted to know what the problem was with him and this damn attitude of his.

"Nothing E," he said quickly and brushed the topic off, but it wasn't going down like that and he already knew it. I sighed dramatically and rolled my eyes at how stubborn he is, we are definitely two of a kind which is why we argued and clashed with each other so much.

"Money, I was gone for a month, but I know when something is bothering you, like now. Just tell me what's up." I pestered as I released his chin and propped my hand up on my hip. He sighed again before running a hand over his face.

"I'm just trippin' thats all. It's been a month since this shit happened and I still haven't handled who did this shit to you in the first place. I know, but then I don't. It's just fuckin' wit' my head and it has been for a couple days now. I'm sorry for snappin' at you." he said and I sighed again. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me.

"Money, don't beat yourself up about that. They will be dealt with in due time babe, but right now just be happy that I'm still here, the rest can wait a minute. I'm still here, that's what matters the most. Another thing, don't be scared to talk to me about stuff Money. We've had this problem before in our relationship and it doesn't need to start back now." I told him seriously as I looked up at him. He nodded his head and kissed my forehead.