Chapter Nineteen | WTH

_____

I am Alice

I'm in Wonderland

Where's the rabbit?

He is late again

Goodness, Gracious

I can't wait for him

Who has got the time?

Round and round and

Round and round we go

It's just like the

Same scenario

Good for nothing

Feels like somethin' ain't right - Jhene Aiko
_____

Essence

"Domani Jalil' Johnson, stop running around like you're crazy and come here." I yelled to my newly two year old son who was being very defiant due to the birthday cupcake that his father had given him this morning for breakfast. It was really all Money's fault for this terrible behavior today, which only aggrivated me more.

I sighed dramatically and sat down on the bed as I tried to calm my nerves and keep from getting frustrated. Today was Domani's second birthday and I was trying my best to get him ready for his party, but he insisted on being hyper and acting up. I'd succesfully put his underwear and socks on, but that was it. He had took off running around my room, giggling like my frustration was the funniest thing in the world, but it was far from it. I wasn't in the mood to chase my son around today.

"Domani, baby please come here so I can get you dressed for your party." I said in a pleading tone as a headache started to form within my temple. He hadn't been two a whole day yet and his 'terrible two' act was already in motion. It was nearing three o'clock and he wasn't even dress, neither was I. We had less than half an hour to get ready and to the party if we planned on being on time. The saying about black people never being on time stands correct.

"Damn, why you yellin' and shit?" Money asked with a clear frown on his face as he left out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. I hopped up from the bed and grabbed my clothes from the dresser. With that, I headed into the bathroom to finish putting on my clothes. I had already showered, so I just had to get dressed, in peace. Before I could make it into the bathroom though, Money grabbed ahold of my waist and stopped me.

"What's wrong wit' you?" he asked as he let go of my waist and looked down at me in confusion. I sighed and looked over at Domani who was running in circles in his underwear while singing some rap song he'd heard Money singing earlier today. Money's gaze followed mine and he burst into laughter like the shit was funny. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Litte nigga just turnt up for his second birthday, that's all. I got him ma, you just get dressed." he smirked as he kissed my forehead and gently pushed me into the bathroom, smacking my butt in the process. I sighed heavily and finally started to get dressed in our matching outfits for today. We dressed alike on occasions and today happened to be one of those days.

The three of us wore blue baseball jersey's with the number two on the back. Domani's name was on the back of his, I had Domani's Mom, and Money had Domani's Dad. We'd gotten them customized a few days ago for the party. Along with the jersey, we wore black jeans and royal blue Louboutin spiked sneakers with the red bottoms of course. I looked cute as I finished wand curling my hair and doing my make-up. Once I was all done, I walked out of the bathroom to find both of my boys dressed and sitting on the bed with long faces.