Chapter Thirteen | Daddy

_____

Even if my man broke my heart today

No matter how much pain I'm in I will be okay

Cause I got a man in my life that can't be replaced

For this love is unconditional it won't go away

I know I'm lucky

Know it ain't easy

For men who take care of their responsibilities

Love is overwhelming

Lord why did you pick me

Can't stop my tears from falling

I love you so much daddy - Beyonce

_____

Essence

"Mommy, mommy, wake up!" Domani screamed and yelled into my ear as he bounced up and down on the bed while tapping my shoulder. I groaned loudly and shifted in the bed, but the rapid tapping kept going as he continued to shout. Money had definitely put him up to this, I already knew it. I wanted to tell him to go away so badly, but Domani was my baby boy and today was Christmas, so I gave in and pushed my sleepiness away for the sake of it being my first Christmas with him.

I pushed the covers off of my body and sat up straight in the bed. That got a reaction out of Domani as he clapped his small hands and started to jump on our bed like it was an outdoor trampoline. I smiled in joy at how happy he was this morning, it just boosted my mood even more. I reached out and grabbed his little body before tickling and kissing him all over his stomach and chubby cheeks. Domani hated to be tickled, but it was amusing to see him squirm all over the place.

"Mewwy Chwistmas mommy," he said between giggles as I used my fingers to move all over his stomach, while he tried to push them away. Once I'd stopped, he slimply laid there across my lap as he caught his breath with his hand on his chest. Domani Jalil' was definitely a character. He got that honestly from his father. The two of them together was nothing but trouble, and to make things even worst, they looked too much alike.

"Merry Christmas my boys," I grinned down at him and then focused my gaze towards the door where Money leaned up against the frame in his blue superman pajamas. They were blue with the red cape attached to the back, and a yellow and red symbol on the chest. Instead of an 'S' being on it, there was a J for Johnson. All three of us wore matching pajamas, thanks to Nyla for making them for us. Although Money refused to wear it, you see he still has it on, because he knows who the boss is.

I got up from the bed and placed Domani back onto his feet, then headed for the bathroom. I had to clean myself up before we opened any presents this morning, so I went straight to brushing my teeth first. I felt good this morning, despite all of the bad things that has been going on lately, starting with our home. Although we're still staying in my condo, our house is being built, so it won't be much longer until we can move. I've already picked out the furniture and paid for it, so I'm super excited for the decorator to make everything I want to come to life.

"Mommy, come on." Domani whined as he popped his head into the bathroom door with his bottom lip poked out. I sighed while looking at him through the mirror. I washed my face before heading out of the bathroom. I swooped him up into my arms and we made our way out to the den area where our Christmas tree was set up with a million and one presents underneath it.