Chapter Thirty | I Got You

_____

I got your back, I got you

I take your side, I lay my life down for you

I'll crawl over broken glass, I will stand in the flame

Take the bullet, take the blows, I would take all the pain

Anything, anything that you gotta get through

Hey, hey, I got you - Ciara
_____

Month & Half Later

A/N: Time will be passing by rather quickly, there is a reason for it so please save the comments about how it may be going too fast or how time is passing by. Trust me, I know what I'm doing so let me be great. Happy Reading!
_____

Money
_____

"We need to find this nigga Hector and have him in a body bag soon. It's been a whole damn month and some since he threatened our lives and we still have no kind of trace of this nigga. I'm tired of takin' losses. My family been targeted for too long now and this shit aint sittin' well wit' me." I said to the boys as I leaned back in my chair lazily.

It has been over an entire month since Essence was released from the hospital and somebody dropped a threat on my door step. I've been on edge every since then too. Today, I just couldn't take it anymore and decided to sit down and talk it over with my niggas. The five of us sat around a wood table in the mancave of my home as we discussed the obvious shit that had been happening.

"You right man, but we can never get a hold of this nigga. He's always on the go and pops up when we don't expect him to. He does it so damn quick, we can never catch him and get a lead. I got my ear to the streets, but aint nobody sayin' shit worth hearin'." Adrian said as he crumbled the weed with his finger tips. I sighed deeply as I sat up and rested my elbows on the table top.

"Well, we need to hurry up and make a move to finding this dude. Ion' even know where to start at. His club still shut down, so that's a dead end. We don't know shit about him, where he rest his head, shit we don't even know what kind of whip the nigga drive. This nigga seems damn near invisible to the streets," DJ chimed in, while I kept my head in my hands. I spread my fingers and looked through at his ass.

"Anbody can get touched, believe that." I mumbled and closed my eyes again. I was speaking from experience because I would have never thought any of this would be happening. None of this would be happening if my pops was still here. Dominic Johnson, the first of the Johnson clan. I missed that man so much until it was crazy. Even though he was gone, I knew he lived through each and every last one of his sons.

I sighed and removed my hands from my face and looked around the table at the four niggas I trusted with my life. All of them had never once crossed me and always stayed true, so I knew these four would be riding with me until the end of this war shit. We were blood brothers for life.

"So, what we gone do bout' this situation? We can't sit around waitin' forever. Hector aint workin' by himself, we need to find out who workin' for him because somebody gone start talkin'." I said as I sat back and got to thinking. Somebody had to be doing his dirty work for him while he sat back and watched. I wanted to know who that person was.

"Who you think it could be dawg?" Red asked as he laced his fingers together and stared back at me. I shrugged my shoulders carelessly and looked next to me at Adrian who was firing up his freshly-rolled blunt. I hadn't smoked in a minute and this nigga was tempting me to faze one.