Chapter Eleven | War Ready

______

You want war, we ready

We got guns plus machetes

You don’t want no beef, no spaghetti

Premium gas no unleaded

Ain’t tryna preach like a reverend

I want to see if she ready

Click clack bang, fire fire, ayy

Shooting the eagle, no desert

Painted my house all white, DMX like in Belly

I see that red call light that means she just left a message

All of my niggas war ready

Some of you niggas be scary

Cause if it comes down to it, boy you niggas ain’t ready - Rich Gang

______

Essence

I walked into the kitchen while rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Once I opened them again, I was shocked to find both Money and Domani cooking some breakfast. Domani was sitting on the counter top pulling the green grapes from the stem and putting them into a clear bowl while Money cooked the eggs and bacon in a pan over the stove. I smiled at my boys and walked up behind Money. I wrapped my short arms around his waist securely and kissed the center of his bare, muscular back.

"Goodmorning my loves," I whispered cheerfully as I held onto his body. My hands rested right about his manhood, but I didn't even go there. Our child was in the room and he didn't need to see that, mo matter how horny I was at the time.

"Goodmorning baby, you good?" he asked as he sat the fork down and turned to face me. I nodded my head slowly and stood up on my tip toes to kiss his lips. I wasn't okay with the situation, but I was content with it at this point. It would happen and I'd have to accept it, but for the time being I just needed to spend as much of my time with him as possible before it was too late. I loved my dad and I would miss him dearly whenever he did pass.

"It feels good to finally have someone cook for me in my own home." I said sarcastically as I released him from my grasp and went to Domani. I picked him up from the counter and kissed all over his face while he laughed and swatted me away. It was always funny when he did that. He hated it when I kissed his cheeks and nose. I don't know why, but he has never liked it.

"Ma ma, moveeeee." he cooed as he squirmed in my arms uncontrollably. I eventually stopped and kissed his forehead one last time before propping him up onto my hip. Domani was a heavy baby, but I still managed to hold him because he's mine. My first born and I wouldn't trade him for the world. If he was fifty pounds, I'd still put everything I had into carrying him because I love my son to death.

After my hip had gotten tired, I placed Domani on a bar stool at the counter. I grabbed two glasses and Domani's sippy cup from the cabinet and sat them on the counter. I poured Bright & Early orange juice inside and put it away before helping Money plate the food. I only got one strip of bacon, a spoon full of eggs, and the fruit bowl, while they pigged out with the rest. I had a figure to watch, unlike them. They'd eat anyone out of a house and a home if you'd let them.

Once all of the food was fixed, we all sat at the breakfast bar in our condo and started to eat. I mainly ate the fruit rather than the fatty, greasy bacon. I loved it, but those were calories I was willing to pass up on this morning. My thighs were getting too big for my liking, so I had to go back on my diet to lose a couple more pounds.