Chapter Thirty One | The Pressure

_____

The pressure

The pressure you know I feel

The pressure

The pressure to keep it real

Pay attention to the signs

Stay and listen, you will find

Everything, ain't rocket science

Every gem is not a diamond - Jhene Aiko
_____

Essence

"Damn, it's been so long since I've been out here. This was always the boys vacation spot, so I hardly ever came to California," Melanie commented as we walked out onto the beuatiful sand on the shore. The sun was blazing down on us, making our skin damn near fry in the heat.

We'd gotten here late yesterday, so early today the whole family decided to have a family trip to the beach. This was a private area, so we were the only ones out, which was a plus for us. I wasn't a big fan of the beach, but Domani looked beyond excited as he pulled Money behind him to get to the water.

I found me a lounge chair that was sat neatly a few feet away from the water and dropped my things into the sand. I made myself comfortable before reaching into the bag and pulling out kid-friendly sun block lotion. My boys were light-skinned and I didn't need them looking all red and burnt.

"Da da, water." Domani yelled excitedly, as he tugged at Money's hand. Domani was a fan of any kind of water, which explained his anxiety. He was ready to get out there, but his daddy was moving fast enough.

"Hold up lil' man, let momma put some sunscreen on yo' red ass. Sexy lightskin niggas like us aint mean't for all this heat boy." Money said and I smacked my lips with a slight smirk. He just had to throw the sexy part in there, I did agree though.

I scooted almost to the end of the chair and rubbed sunscreen lotion all over Domani's arms, stomach, back, and his face. He was impatient as hell, but he allowed me to put it on the places that were most likely to get burned from the sun.

After I was done with Domani, Money took his spot in between my legs and I did the same to him. I rubbed it on his back, his shoulders, arms, face, and then his chest. I made sure to get every spot, I even got a little touchy and went down for his you know what ...

"Aye, we in public ma. We can handle all that later on," he said with a smirk and stood up from the chair. He kissed my lips quickly before finally taking Domani out to the water before he had a fit. The two of them ran down the san like big kids. I chuckled and shook my head before focusing my attention on Mrs.Nyla next to me.

"That boy there aint none but a big ass baby himself," Nyla chuckled as she slipped out of her white swimsuit cover and placed it into her huge beach bag. She adjusted the straps to her pink one piece swimsuit and took off her shades.

"He is, but on the other hand, You look fine momma," I complimented as I watched her walk out onto the sand towards the water. She looked fine as hell to be forty six years old with four kids. I want to be like her when I get older, because damn was she a bad something. How money talks about so many kids, I hope my body bounces back like hers did.

"Baby girl, I may be old, but I can still get down with it." she yelled then winked, causing me to laugh as she ran out into the water with Malcolm. I shook my head at my mother in law, she was truly something else.