Chapter Two | The Matrimony

_____

If there's a question of my heart, you've got it

It don't belong to anyone but you

If there's a question of my love, you've got it

Baby don't worry, I've got plans for you - Wale

_____

Essence

mat·ri·mo·ny
ˈmatrəˌmōnē/

noun

the state or ceremony of being married; marriage. "a couple joined in matrimony" synonyms: marriage, wedlock, union; nuptials "the sacrament of holy matrimony"

Marriage was much more than just being joined in matrimoney. A marriage consisted of so many principles that people tend to take for granted or overlook when they get married. Commitment, loyalty, trust, faith, support, unconditional love, lust, and communication, those are some things that make up a marriage. It's more than just sharing vows and wedding bans in front of lots of people, or big weddings and receptions. Marriage is something serious, it was til death do us part.

September 4th, the day that I'd be given away to the man that I love the most. The man that took me in at a young age and has treated me like no one else ever has. He showered me in money, love, and even lust. The man that I fell in love with every time I saw his face. The same man that has hurt me more than a little bit, but I forgave for the sake of the love we shared. The man that I did two years for over drug charges. The man that helped create my little angel. The man that loved me through rain, sleet, or snow. The very man that after today, I'd call my husband. Damian Jalil' Johnson, the man I can't live without.

A grin took over my face as I snapped out of my daydream and looked around me. It was past noon and I was getting my make-up done along with the rest of my small wedding party. The women only included, Nicole, my maid of honor, Melanie and Bianca, bridesmaids, Haileigh and Delila, flower girls, and Mrs.Nyla, his mother. The little ones got light blush and lip gloss, while our faces were being beaten by the Gods. I could barely stop smiling as time got closer and closer to me marrying my King.

The wedding started at three in the afternoon, which was a bit under two hours away. I grew anxious, afraid, nervous, and happy all together as I tapped my foot along the rail of the chair. Just thinking about walking down that aisle sent chills down my spine. I just prayed to God everything went exactly how Money had paid for it to go. I wanted my wedding to be one to remember and definitely one to never forget. I was only getting married once, so it had to be a wonderful memory.

The day that I was proposed too, Money promised to give me everything that I wanted and he did just as he said. Not once did he complain about money being spent on our wedding, because he valued the smile on my face. Our wedding wasn't over the top, but it was definitely something. I'd always wanted a beach wedding, so that's exactly what it was. We'd rented out the private beach villa area and that is where we'd be getting married. I couldn't wait to officially be Mrs. Damian Johnson.

"What are you grinning so hard about sweetheart?" Mrs.Nyla spoke as she sat in the styling chair next to me. My grin only got wider as she watched me and waited on a response. I was just lost for words now that today was here. It was my wedding day and nothing or no one was going to ruin it for me.

"Momma, I'm just extremely happy, but nervous and scared all at the same time. I don't know, there are just knots in my stomach that won't go away." I spoke, trying my best to tell her exactly how I felt, but it was difficult to describe. I was ready to be married to him, but then I wasn't. It was like I was having a battle within myself, my emotions were all over the place right about now.