Chapter Sixteen | Start Over

_______

I feel weak, we've been here before

'Cause I feel we keep going back and forth

Maybe it's over, maybe we're through

But I honestly can say I still love you

Maybe we reached the mountain peak

And there's no more left to climb

And maybe we lost the magic piece

And we're both too blind to find

Let's start over

Let's give love their wings

Let's start over

Stop fighting about the same old thing

Let's start over

We can't let our good love die

Maybe we can start all over

Give love another life - Beyonce
_______

Essence

"Goodmorning ladies," I greeted as I approached the high round table at the back of Starbucks where Melanie, Nicole, and Bianca were waiting on me. They each gave me a side hug before I took my seat in the chair and took a sip from my Latte. I removed the Rayban shades from my face, revealing my puffy eyes, but right now I didn't even care about that. These were my girls and they were already hipped to the things I've been going through, starting with the huge argument the other day in our kitchen.

"How are you doing boo?" Nicole asked as she gave me a sad and sympathetic look, then rubbed my back with her hand. I took a deep breath and blew the air out of my mouth as I shrugged my shoulders. I really didn't know how to answer that question. It was kind of hard to explain, but somehow I was able to put explain my life over the past week in a coule sentences.

"Honestly, things are just so complicated. I don't even know how to feel at this point. With the funeral being tomorrow morning and the problems in my relationship, I've just been depressed and down lately. I try so hard to stay up and be happy for Domani, but it's hard when all of these things are constantly on my back and clouding my mind." I explained and I took another deep breath.

"Things will get better Essence, I know they will. You know you'll have all of us, Money, and even Marcus tomorrow at the funeral, so you'll be fine. Now, as for your relationship, you just have to pray and work together to get past certain things. It won't be easy, but if you want everything to work, you have to have faith and trust in God. If it means anything, I've been praying for you and my brother, I want you both to be happy again and what I witnessed yesterday was not happiness." Melanie stated as she picked at her bagel while talking to me. She was absolutely right about that.

"You're right and I thank you for the prayers. It's just like, since we got married things have been going bad for us. We argue all the time about stupid things and it affects our relationship. I don't know, maybe we moved too fast with the wedding and getting married." I shrugged my shoulders as I drank more of my Latte and stared down at the table blankly.

"Don't doubt your marriage E, thats where you go wrong. I've seen the two of you happy, y'all are meant to be, but this is just a phase that all relationships go through. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger and this is a test to strengthen your relationship, not tear it apart." Bianca said this time and her words really made me think and stare off into space. Bianca had always been a smart girl, and what she said really stuck in my head and gave me a little hope.