Chapter Twenty Six | See You Again

_____

It's been a long day without you, my friend

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

We've come a long way from where we began

Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

When I see you again - Whiz Khalifa

_____

One Week Later

_____

Money

"Hey baby," Essence said with a bright ass smile as she stood in front of me. She looked beautiful in her all white dress with gold hems accentuating the white parts. It was almost like she looked too good, too good to be true. The way she smiled so bright and how perfect she looked right now made her look unreal to me.

Her body was glowing and it was like she was floating on thin air. I could've sworn I saw a pair of angel wings and a halo above her head, but thought I was just tripping. Essence looked like an angel in front of me and I admired her beauty. Seeing her, only made me want to touch and hold her, never letting go of the love of my life.

I reached out to pull her into my embrace, but I couldn't do it. It was nearly impossible to touch her. My hands went straight through her body, preventing me from pulling her closer to me. I was confused as I kept trying to touch and hold her, but couldn't do it. I didn't know why, but it was impossible. I wanted to embrace my wife, but I was incapable of doing it.

"I miss you so much E," I told her with a small sigh as I finally stopped trying. It has officially been a full week with her being in this damn bed and I missed her like crazy. After she got shot, my life just stood still from that point on. Now that's she is here in front of me, I still can't hold or touch her, but I was comforted with her presence itself. I was happy to see her.

"I know, I miss you guys just as much my love. I hope that I can be with you again, but it just may be my time to go baby. God makes no mistake and whether you believe it or not, that bullet was mean't for me. Don't blame yourself Money, things happen the way they are suppose to happen," she said to me and I frowned as I shook my head. I didn't want her to talk like this. She said it like she knew she was dying and not coming back home to us, I didn't want to lose my wife. I just got her back and now I was losing her again and I blamed myself for it all. I couldn't help but to take the blame, yesterday when JD said those words it only made me feel worst about myself. He was right, it was all my fault and now there was nothing I could do.

"Baby, don't talk like that. Don't talk about dyin' cause you not, aight? Just be strong and keep pushin' hard for me and Domani. We need you, don't just give up on us E. Don't leave us here, we need you here wit' us Essence. You gotta' fight this baby, you can do it. I believe in you, we believe in you." I explained to her and before I knew it, she was crying and it broke my damm heart to see it. I wanted to hold her, but I couldn't. She was standing right in front of me, but I couldn't touch her to console her and stop the tears from flowing down her beautiful face. A man's worst nightmare is seeing his wife cry and not be able to do shit about it.

"I'm sorry Money, I really am baby. I hope that I make it through this, just pray for me. I promise to try my best to keep going for you and Domani, I won't give up. Just have faith and pray that I make it through this. I have to go now baby, but I love you so much. Tell my baby boy that I love him too. Bye Money, take care of yourself and my baby for me." she said as she waved her hand while wiping away the stray tears that had fallen from her eye sockets. I didn't want her to go, not yet. We hadn't talked long enough yet, it was way too soon for her to be leaving. She hadn't even given me a damn chance to say goodbye to her.