Chapter Fifteen | No Angel

_____

Because you're

No

Angel

Either, baby

Cause you're

No

Angel

Either, baby

No I'm not an angel either, but at least I'm trying

I know I drive you crazy, but would you rather that I be a machine

Who doesn't notice when you late or when you're lying

I love you even more than who I thought you were before - Beyonce

_____

Essence

I stared up at the ceiling of my bedroom, just as I had been doing all night. I was almost positive that their were Gucci bags underneath my eyes from the lack of sleep. I only rested for about an hour or so and from there, I was up thinking about my life and how things were changing as each day passed me by. I'd spent all night thinking and now it was ten in the morning and I was beyond exhausted and highly aggravated. I guess it was my own fault though.

I sighed and sat up the bed as hunger and thirst grew within my stomach, almost instantly. I had a severly, pounding headache and in order to take my medicine, I had to eat something first. I glanced over at Money who was still sleeping next to me. I shook my head once I remembered the events of last night and looked down at my wrist that was wrapped in guaze. I pushed that aside and slid from underneath the covers and stood to my feet. My morning routine was a must before I cooked breakfast, so I headed straight for the bathroom to clean myself up.

Once my business was all taken care of, I went into our closet and searched for something to put on. I pulled on a pair of PINK jogging pants, Nike slides, and a tank top before heading out of the room and towards Domani's room. I was still rather confused about where everything was in this house, but I was finding my way pretty well for my first night staying here.

I headed straight inside of his room to see him still asleep on the bed. I was about to wake him up, because if I allowed him too do so, he'd sleep all day and be up at all hours of the night. He needed to get up and since I didn't spend much time with him yesterday, I would today despite the mood I'm in about the things that has happened. Domani is very important to me and I would give anything to see his smile.

"Domani, baby boy wake up for me. Monmy is gonna' make you pancakes and apple juice." I said trying to bribe him to wake up, but he wouldn't budge one bit. I sighed softly as I went to my last resort and started to tickle his belly. Almost instantly he woke up and began to squirm around and laugh while rubbing his eyes. That had worked like a charm, it always did because he hated it with a passion.

"Mommy, no, I sweepy." he whined as he continued to rub his eyes, but I wasn't having it. I picked him up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom. My wrist was sore and swollen and I'd wrapped it in a gauze to heal, but that didn't stop it from hurting. I don't think Money realized what he was doing to me, but him holding my wrist so tight actually did hurt.

I sighed and dismissed the thought as I grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste along with a face cloth so that he could brush his teeth and wash his face. Domani wasn't a morning person, but I refused to be up all night with him because he slept all morning. I needed to get myself some rest tonight, but I had too much going on so that would probably be impossible.