Chapter Twenty Eight | Still

_____

The question everybody ask is
how we make it last

I tell them

I still

He still

We still

We go through problems like everybody else

but I don't mind 'cause it makes us keep it fresh

What's sadder than an argument is the thought we may have never been

He's my lover, my baby's father, my lifetime partner and my friend,

Still the man of my dreams,

He still,

Still the man for me and I'm still in love with him so deeply - Tamia
_____

S|o to @zeeloveszebras for suggesting this wonderful song in the 23rd chapter. Thank you love, I fell in love with it when I heard it!
_____

1 Week Later
_____

Essence

I shot up straight in the bed and instantly regretted it once I felt the pain begin in my chest. The fact that I was shot only a couple months ago tended to slip my mind. I ignored it though, as I slapped a hand over my shocked mouth in disbelief. I'd just had a dream and everything finally came back to me. All of the pieces to the puzzle were put together. A pain rose in my chest as I remembered, not from the gunshot wound but from the stinging of my heart.

"It was Money," I mumbled as I stared off into space as I had come to the conclusion that my memory was now back and I felt like shit. I had blown Money off completely for JD yesterday and now it all came back to me. JD tried to play me and I almost allowed him to do so. He tried to manipulate me and I almost fell for every last word that he said.

"Hey baby," JD said as he walked into my room with a wide grin on his face. I gave him a forced smile, but inside I was fuming. I stayed quiet as he walked closer to me and stopped to plant a kiss on my lips, but before he could do it I slapped fire to him as my hand met with his cheek. The fake smile dropped almost instantly as anger began to rise again.

"You fuckin' liar." I yelled loudly as I glared at him with a hard stare. I had grown to hate him before this, but now I was more than disgusted with his presence. JD really did need help, mental help that is.

"What the fuck is your problem Essence?" he asked like he didn't know what was up as he held his red cheek. The fact that he continued to act clueless only made me angrier. I was a ticking time bomb and before long, I'd really explode. I had picked up way too many of Money's habits over time and it was showing.

"You lied to me, you tried to manipulate me. Just because I didn't remember shit, you used it to your advantage. You fucking bastard, JD I can't believe you tried to pull that shit on me like I wouldn't remember sooner or later. I should beat your ass myself, but luckily I'm more worried about my health than your lunatic ass. Get the fuck out of my room and get some help you asshole." I yelled at him angrily as my blood boiled. The pain in my chest grew, which told me that I needed to calm myself down because I was not completely out of the clear yet.

"Damn and she's back. Can't blame a brother for tryin' it love," he chuckled as shrugged his shoulders and grabbed all of his stuff. He continued to smirk at me as he prepared to leave. I wanted so badly to put hands on him, but all of these cords hooked into my arm held me back from jumping out of this bed and attacking.