Chapter Five | A Couple Bandz

_____

A couple bandz on my left and my right

I'm just riding through the city, yeah

I don't even know if I'm living this life right

But I gotta go and get it, yeah - Fetty Wap
_____

Money

"Damn, y'all bitches sorry as fuck," I joked as I hit my nigga Ricky up with some dap. We'd just come up on two fifty each from schooling these old ass niggas in a two on two match of basketball at the gym. It was DJ and Adrian, against me and Ricky. Of course we won, so each one of them had to pay us five hundred, which we split evenly. It was chump change, but it was fun taking these tired ass niggas money.

"Fuck you, y'all niggas just got lucky on them last three shots. Y'all asses ain't cold, so kill that shit." Adrian frowned as he flipped both of us the bird. We all burst into laughter and plopped down onto the bleachers in the gym. I leaned my back on the next row and tried to even out my breathing. A nigga was tired as fuck, it was first to a hundred points, so we been playing since like ten this morning.

"Whatever bitch ass nigga," I smirked as I grabbed my water bottle and red towel from my gym bag. I unscrewed the top and took my first and last drink out of it, right before pouring the whole bottle over my head to cool me down. I used the towel to dry me off and looked to see they ass looking at me like I was crazy.

"Nigga you goofy as fuck," DJ frowned as he looked at the puddle of water that had formed on the floor. I didn't give a fuck, thats what they had janitors for. They ass had to mop regardless, so I gave em' a little extra water to work with when they did. So, I was really helping them out.

"Whatever dawg, look, I got some shit to discuss wit' y'all. I need to know are y'all wit' it or not. We ain't got all day either, I need y'all answers before we leave this bitch." I said seriously as I leaned up and rested my elbows on my knees. They gave me their undivided attention, preparing for the shit I was about to lay on them. I been thinking hard on this the past week, now its time to get the boys on deck too.

"What the fuck is up dude? A nigga got to get home in a minute or Nicole gone kill my ass." DJ said trying to rush a nigga. I turned around to this nigga with a frown on my face. He lucky I didn't want to lose his bucket head ass, or I'd keep him out later just to see Nicole knock his ass out. Good thing I'm a good ass baby brother and actually care for his ass.

"Anyway, man, it's been a whole fuckin' week since the club been shut down and ain't nobody bringin' in no type of bread. I mean, ain't shit else we can do on the club situation but wait til they give us our shit back. I meet wit' Caren in the morning to see what they been saying, but this just an idea. I think we need to do what we did best. Yeah, I know y'all thinkin' I'm one of the most stupidest niggas out here, and stupidest ain even a word, but we need to be makin' money. I know we just now getting out of this shit, but I need to come up on some cash. Ain't no easy money, like drug money." I said, laying the bait out and waiting on them to reach for that shit. All of them sat quietly and I knew they was thinking about what I'd said. Thing is, they was taking too long to fucking speak.

"Damn, talk bitches, I need to know what it's gone be before I start this shit up. Y'all in or what? Closed mouths don't get fed, just like closed hands don't get bread. Feel me?"

"I feel you one thousand, but nigga stop lyin'. You know you got stacks of money stashed overseas for rainy days and five more lives. You don't have to do this shit Money, and you know that." Adrian said and I smacked my lips. Niggas always telling me what I do and don't have to do. Last time I checked, my daddy dead and my momma been stop tellin' me what the fuck to do. I knew he was looking out like a real friend should, but damn.