Chapter Twenty Seven | The Manipulation

_____

I just wanna show you that I can better you

If ever you are feeling you are ready to improve

You ready for a move? We can bust it

I'm talking all emotion, the deepest of discussion

The deepest of your feelings

We can spend a weekend all alone, fully clothed, letting' you know, aint even tryna hit it

Don't even need to listen to them niggas

You're reaching new heights, and I aint kiss you just a little

I'll kiss you just a little, I promise it's forever

Highest form of respect, if you say you're not ready

Forever in debt to the lord for he's given

Something I'm not worthy of, the purpose of my livin'

The purpose of these lyrics, the source of my happiness, without you

Nothing in the world seems to matter, my honey - Wale
_____

Some of the events may seem to have happened quickly and rushed, buttttttttttt, I'm trying to finish this second book so the process will be sped up a bit. Sorry for the rush of storyline. Hope you all enjoy!
_____

Three Weeks Later
_____

Money
_____

I sat close next to Essence's bed with Domani sitting in my lap asleep. A couple weeks ago, I stuck to my promise and I've been spending time with my son every day to let him know that he still has me no matter what happens with Essence. I hope and pray that she wakes up, but some things don't turn out how we want and the thought alone made me cringe in pain.

It had been exactly a month since Essence has been in this hell and she was still fighting and would continue until my money ran out. I sighed as I held her hand and stared at her weak and pale looking body. She definitely looked smaller than she was before, but not by much. She was still the beautiful woman I married eight months ago. I still loved her just as I did those months ago too.

Today was actually the first day Domani has ever seen his mother since she's been in here. I didn't want him to have to see her like this, but for some reason I felt the urge to bring him and we got a bit of a shocker. At Domani's touch, Essence twitched her hand a little bit which gave us an ounce of hope that she would return soon. I'd been holding her hand and shit for a month straight and the one day I bring him, he gets a response out of her.

I sighed as I shifted in the uncomfortable chair. I released Essence's hand to sit Domani up before grabbing her hand back. I held onto her as I closed my eyes and prepared to take me a small nap before visiting hours were over. I planned to go home, shower and come back here, but right now I was too tired to move so a nap did me justice.

I tried my best to get as comfortable as I could in the chair with Domani on my lap, which didn't turn out too good. I just said fuck it and laid my head back before I found myself thinking about everything under the sun until I dozed off into a soft slumber. It felt good to finally get some sleep too, I needed as much as possible these days.

I drifted off to sleep with the thoughts of better days on my mind. I just wanted my life to be normal, but shit, I'm Damian Jalil' Johnson, that's damn near impossible. Every since a lil nigga my life has been everything but normal, so I embraced it. I was deep in thought until I felt something rubbing against my hand. I wanted to ignore it, but it didn't stop. I tried moving my hand, but the feeling was still there.