Chapter Twenty Two | Spotless Mind

_____

Shame on me for changing

No, no, no, shame on you for staying the same

Shame on me for changing

Shame on you for staying the same - Jhene Aiko
____

Money

I stood in front of the mirror, looking at myself and admiring how good I looked. Using my hand, I rubbed the slight wrinkles out of my shirt before adjusting the Cuban link chain around my neck. I was clad in a pair of light True Religion denim jeans that hung loose on my waist, a red Ferragamo belt, white t-shirt, red Nike fleece jacket, and a pair of red custom timbs. A gold rolex sat nicely on my wrist and complimented the chain around my neck. By the way I was looking, you couldn't tell that my wife had left me.

It's been a couple days since Essence broke up with my ass and I'd been moping around the house every since then. I haven't seen my son, or my wife in a couple days and it wasn't a good feeling either. Domani meant more to me than a little bit, which is why I had to get my son soon. Even though Essence was mad at me, I knew she wouldn't keep Domani away from me. I knew her like the back of my hand and she wasn't like that.

I sighed as I pulled a beanie onto my head and stuffed my wallet and phone into my pocket. I was headed straight to fuck with Adrian because my razor line was all fucked up. I needed a fresh ceasar cut and my nigga was the man for the job. He was the only one of us that actually had another legit job, all the rest of us were on stuck until we figured out next move.

I locked up the house and hopped into my Ferrari today. I was feeling a bit uplifted for some reason, so I went with the fancy whip instead of the basic shit. Hopefully this good ass mood was some good luck coming my way. I needed every ounce of it that I could get my hands on these days.

I blasted the end of Future's song Groupies as I headed down the road towards Adrian's shop. I had other shit on my agenda for today, so I headed to get my fresh cut first. I'd lost my wife for a minute, but that don't mean that a nigga gone be slacking. Whenever we do get pass this, a nigga got to be looking right.

Now I'm back grippin' that Uzi

I'll fuck that bitch cause she's bougie

I'll fuck that ho cause she's choose me

Sip on my cup and some oozy

Now I'm back fuckin' my groupies

I bobbed my head to the beat as I sat lazily in the seat. Before long, I was pulling up in front of Adrian's shop and double parked my car. I stepped out and headed into the shop to get my shit trimmed and lined up real quick. Once I got a hold of Domani, I'd bring him through to get a razor line too. Little nigga was probably looking rough by now.

"Wassup my nigga," I announced as I walked up to Adrian. He placed his clippers down on the stand and slapped hands with me before we did the embrace. He tapped his customer that was in the chair and made him get up so he could do mine real quick.

"Aint shit man, just tryna' get a little cash in since ian' got none else to do wit' my life. How shit goin' on yo end?" he asked and I could only sigh as I thought about it. He placed the cape over my clothes and put the paper around my neck before he got started on my hair.

"Same shit, different day. She aint answerin' none of my calls, texts, voicemails, so I don't even know. I'm thinkin' I should just pop up on her ass, but I don't know how she gone take to that. I'm just stuck man," I sighed and shrugged my shoulders as he took a little off the top.