Chapter Twenty Four | Again

______

I want you to be mine again baby

I know my lifestyle is driving you crazy

But, I cannot see myself without you

We call them fans though, girl you know how we do

I go out of my way to please you

I go out of the way to see you

I ain't playing no games, I need you - Fetty Wap
______

Essence

I approached the meeting with my lawyer at my side feeling confident as ever. I was dressed too impress in a black pencil skirt, burgundy ruffled top, and the matching black blazer along with cheetah printed heels to match. My hair was pinned up in a neat donut with a side bang. I was on my grown woman today and hopefully the outcome of this meeting would be in our favor. I've been taking so many loses lately, so I was praying for good news.

We walked inside of the board room and took a seat in front of the five members, three of which we needed an approval from. The board of three men and two women looked at us with smug looks on their faces, as if they were ready to say no. I wasn't backing down though, I had faith in myself and in God that this would pull through. One of the women spoke up, putting the meeting in motion.

"Good morning ladies, it's nice to have you here in front of the board this fine Thursday morning." The woman said with a small smirk on her face as she looked down at us. I didn't know what the smirk was for, but I kept my composure for the sake of her yes that I may need to finalize this deal.

"Good morning board members," my lawyer and I stated in sync with no emotion shown. It was time to get down to business, there was no time what so ever for small talk. I came here for one reason and one reason only, to get the club back open again and hopefully I would leave with that accomplishment.

"Well, let's get down to the reason we're all here in the first place, shall we? Club Essence, was on the news a couple of months ago for having a dangerous shooting in the nightclub, putting many lives in danger. I take it as, you're here today on behalf of your husband to seek re-opening of the club, am I right Mrs.Johnson?" one of the men said, and focused his gaze on me. I cleared my throat before speaking up.

"Yes sir, those things did occur a few months ago and I'm here to assure you that we have taken the things you said at the last meeting into consideration and put those things to use to have a more productive and violence free business if re-opened." I spoke with confidence and my held my head high. They may be at higher position than me right now, but I bow down to no one, but the good Lord himself.

"Interesting ordeal Mrs.Johnson, if I may ask, where is your husband and why isn't he present for this meeting?" the snobby bitch that started the meeting inquired as she laced her fingers together. I had already sensed a bad vibe from her and I wasn't up for it. I sucked in my pride and remained calm, she just may be the one to seal the deal for me, so I decided to be nice this once. I gave her a false smile, even though I did mind her asking.

"Unfortunately, I do mind. My husband wasn't able to attend, so as his wife I stepped in and I will speak on his behalf. Anything he has to say will be conveyed through me at this meeting." I responded calmly and so badly wanted to roll my eyes, but I kept it together and remained respectful to the old looking bitch. If look's could kill, this bitch's funeral would've been yesterday.