Chapter 36:

It was really nice to see my bandmates again. We had a lot of catching up to do and we enjoyed some freedom. Without Bear there to tell us what to do, our security were left in charge. But of course, we were very persuasive and they were easy going- the two combined made for some interesting times. Without Bear to talk to, I started to write some of my thoughts and feelings into a small leather journal. It was an easy way to remember things I wanted to tell Bear when I called her.

Every night, Bear sounded better. I just couldn't wait to see her again. The fans were great and the performances were great. There was just one night I never wanted to look back on. We were in Oslo when I girl who attended a university invited me onto this party bus. I wanted to forget everything about that night. I was so stupid. I could only pray that Bear wouldn’t find out.

Before I knew it, Bear was on the next flight to London. We were flying there tonight for our press conference the next afternoon so I wouldn't be able to see her yet. Instead, we'd meet her at Wembley stadium. Then we'd really see if she could beat me at soccer. I still remembered the fierce game she played in Africa and I prayed that this last pneumonia encounter weeks her skills for a little longer.

Despite my jetlag, I couldn't wait to see Bear. Riding in the van over to Wembley, Niall and Louis couldn't keep still. They kept the ride interesting and they bolted towards the stadium before the van even stopped. I was right after them, knowing Bear was somewhere inside.

"Niall! Louis! No running, there's press!" I hear the familiar stern call as soon as I rush through the front doors.

She appeared seconds later, looking to be in full health in denim Capri shorts and a green O2 polo that makes her blue eyes pop. With a wide smile, Bear runs towards me and jumps into my open arms, our arms wrapped tightly around each other.

"There's an exception for me running. I missed you so much, Harry." She says with her head in the crook of my neck, pressing a soft kiss to the area there. She had me melting already.

"I missed you too. The tour wasn't the same without you. Now can I have a proper kiss?" I almost beg. Bear laughs and presses a long and lingering kiss to the space between my jawline and neck, softly dragging her teeth along the area.

"What, this kiss isn't good enough?" Bear says against my skin.

She purposefully tightens her legs around my waist and I quickly carry her to a side hallway while she kisses my neck, holding her against the wall.

"I can't show up to the press with a hickey on my neck. I just want a kiss." I say and my voice cracks with wanting. Bear's throaty laugh vibrates against my neck as she pulls the skin teasingly.

"I can hide it with makeup." Bear smiles while finally lifting her head up.

Not able to stop myself from smiling, I lean in and kiss Bear softly. A quiet moan escaping her, she digs her hands into my hair and instantly starts kissing me harder. I missed her more than I had realized. I missed her kiss. Her touch. Her actions. And I couldn't be happier that she was mine. Lightening her kiss and grazing her tongue lightly across my bottom lip, Bear breaks the kiss and waits for me to put her down.

For the first time in what felt like forever, I physically hold Bear's hand as we walk to the makeup room. My bandmates are already getting prepped so Bear rushes me into a makeup chair. Niall is getting his hair done by Lou in the chair beside me and I notice that my blonde Irish bandmate and girlfriend have on matching polos. Bear is standing in front of me preparing the makeup so I reach forward and grab her roughly by her hips, pulling her backside into my chest.

"So Niall gets to match with you and I don't?" I tease through gritted teeth, pulling the hem of her polo down.

"Well, yes. We're playing against each other, remember? And Niall's on my team." Bear smiles cheekily while trying to squirm from my grasp.