Chapter 13:

The next day, I’m allowed to sleep in. When I do have to get up though, it’s Liam who knocks on my door. We walk down the hall together in sweats as we go down to the hotel room that has been transformed into a makeshift wardrobe, hair, and makeup room. Zayn, Niall, and Louis are already in there, Bear doing Niall’s makeup, Zayn getting his hair done by Lou, and Caroline instructing Louis to get changed. Me and Liam wait patiently on the bed pushed against the wall for our turn and when Niall is finished, I walk over to Bear to get my makeup done.

She smiles at me as I sit down in front of her but she soon instructs me to close my eyes. I follow her instructions and a second later, I feel the makeup brush cover my face in powder. As soon as the brush leaves my face I open my eyes and quickly reach out and grab Bear’s hips. I pull her down onto my lap despite her pushing me away. I press soft kisses into her neck until she stands up, shaking her head yet smiling.

“Not now, Harry. Let me do your makeup.” Bear explains kindly as she goes back to applying various powders to my face.

“So later?” I ask racily as I put my hands on the backs of her thighs and pull her towards me.

“We’ll see.” Bear whispers as she leans down to continue applying makeup. I let her finish without interruption and then I go finish getting ready.

That day is extremely busy. We go from TV station to TV station, meeting fans and barely having enough time to eat between interviews. But it’s Friday and Fridays always manage to be somewhat fun. For one thing, Bear goes with us to all the stops but I have to constantly remind her to sit down. She thinks she can just take everything life throws at her but she can’t. No one can.

When everything is said and done, it was a good day. But it being Bear’s first day in Japan doing something, she refuses to go back to the hotel yet. So me and the boys all decide to go with her to some karaoke. We’ve already gone this week with our band, but The Vaccines show up at the same karaoke club as us.

"So how about we have ourselves a little karaoke showdown?" The lead singer, Justin, asks jokingly as we all sit down at a half circle booth in the karaoke club. Bear sits beside me and she can barely sit still for more than a couple seconds.

"You're on. Stakes?" Niall agrees happily.

"One of you against Justin. Bragging rights for the winner?" suggests Árni, the bassist, and Liam nods his head in agreement but Louis speaks up.

"And Loser pays. Because we're gonna win." Louis says while nudging Niall's arm.

"Well if you're so sure that you're gonna win, how about we offer up something valuable. Like," Justin says as his eyes search the table. His gaze lands on Bear and a smile forms on his face. "A kiss from the girl." I look at Bear to see her eyes are widened in shock.

"I don't-" she starts but I cut her off.

"Deal. Me and you." I say quickly, jumping at the offer to kiss Bear.

"Harry!" Bear says angrily as she hits my arm while the other boys start picking out my song.

"What," I say and I can't help the laugh that interrupts my words. She was cute when she was angry. "I'm gonna win, so don't worry." I try to comfort her but she pushes me away.

"That's not the point. I'm not just some prize to be gambled. And you aren't positive that you'll win." Bear says angrily under her breath.

"Yes I am. And I'll be expecting that kiss." I whisper into her ear. I'd win that kiss. Even if I had to sing all night. All I wanted was the taste that her lips allowed and I wasn't going to leave until I got it.