Chapter 23: Facing fears and a first wave

Start from the beginning

-Steve, I'm not in the mood, ok? I couldn't eat before because I was worried about you, alright? Now I'm... just not hungry.

-I'm here now, you have nothing to worry about. Which it means that you're having something to eat now, I said wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

It had no use to argue with me, much less at that time. I was exhausted, but I was able to manage myself to prepare two tuna sandwiches. I just couldn't understand how could she spend the whole day eating nothing. I just spend a couple hours without anything in my stomach, and I'm dying for a bite. Well she actually ate something after all.

-I see you finished the whole pot of ice cream by yourself, I said while taking a bite of my sandwich. I wasn't surprised after all. She has a serious ice cream addiction.

-Yeah I know, she said sitting on the counter with the same pain expression as usual, God! When am I gonna learn?

She had jumped down and was rubbing on her sore backside as I was smirking at my sister.

-Soon I hope, I joked while eating my sandwich.

-Ha ha, you're so funny Steven. By the way, thanks for the sorry ice cream. You didn't have to.

-I guess I could have handled the situation better this morning. It's just that I'm used to be with people that are already familiar with my work situation and all that, but the truth is that it's understandable you reacted the way you did. Now, what you did after that...

-Yes I know. Unacceptable. After that I found the sorry ice cream, and I just felt... like a terrible person.

-Everyone can make a mistake. The important thing is not to make the same mistake twice, that way you'll learn. Take for example you trying to sit down on the counter after a pretty tough spanking. The second you realize you just made the same mistake twice makes you feel stupid, doesn't it?, I said while laughing. It was a very good example to tell you the truth. It perfectly made my point across.

-"Pretty" tough one? Are you kidding? You almost killed me!, she said me next, overreacting as usual.

-What a baby you are, I said setting our plates in the sink to start washing them. Nobody dies for a spanking after all.

-No I'm not. Have you ever tried your own belt brother?, she said folding her arms and looking at me.

-Actually yes, I did. Of course not my own belt, but when I was a teen dad gave me a belting one time, I said while washing the dishes.

-You? Him? Really?, she said not trusting my words.

She didn't know what I was like when I was a teen. My life changed when my parents split up and, above anything, with Jillian's birth. I made a major change when I first met baby Jill, and I realized I needed to be more responsible from then on, since my mom was definitely not to be the responsible one.

-Yeah well, I was pretty stupid by then, I said trying not to give her many details. The last thing I want is her getting ideas from me and then excusing herself "you did it too!". Not gonna happen.

-Wow. I can't imagine dad doing something like that. His face is so... I don't know. Calmed and sweet, I think.

-How would you know?, I said once I heard a click in my head. How did Jill know how my father looked like? He took off long time before she was borned.

-I found a picture of mom and dad between her stuff there in Boston, long time ago. He was in the army, just like you were. He didn't look like a guy who'd spank his kids though.

-So if that's the case, how does my face looks like?, I joked trying to change the subject. It was awkward to talk about my dad, knowing that it's not her dad as well. It makes me wonder where her real father is.