Part Forty-Seven: Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"Okay-okay." I said as I accepted the snack.

"Oh, will you pretty please bring this to Durst, he said he was tired, so I brewed him up some coffee." She said as she handed me the thermal mug. I nodded.

"Of course." I said as the other two girls giggled and Lavender glared at them.

"What?" I asked as Violet rolled her eyes.

"Nothing! Better hurry, Danny is waiting!" Lavender said as, like a little mother, she shooed me from the kitchen and towards the sliding glass door to the outside.

I walked to the edge of he porch, and stood at the top of the stairs, in silent awe as I saw him. It didn't matter how many times my eyes landed on him, every time was like the first time, and every time he took my breath away. The growing Luna within me swelled with pride and love as I watched him go over some blue prints in his hand with my father, and as he ordered a few of the men to do something. Watching him take charge was causing my wolf to jump for joy; he was such a good Alpha that it made the Luna in me want to grow stronger.

Go to him! Go! Bring us to Danny! Now! He's ours and I want his attention now!

My wolf pined at me, but I was enjoying just observing him, I watched him say something in urgency, and my father nodded as Danny handed him the blueprints.

Coralie!

I jumped at the sound of his wolf's voice in my mind as he turned towards me and smiled proudly. I walked quickly down the stairs and across the lawn and I could tell he only appeared to walk calmly to seem strong in front of the others, but when we met he wrapped his arms around my waist as I threw my arms around him. He smiled as he kissed me, and a small little growl escaped him as I titled my head and pressed my lips against his more. He smiled wider and pulled away a bit.

"You seem cheery." He noted as he looked down at me with his bright warm face. I nodded, but felt so shy and small in his embrace that I couldn't speak. "That's good love, I'm glad you woke up early, I wanted to show you the progress we've made." He said as he walked me towards the new cabin, intertwining our fingers as he clasped my hand, and walked forward.

"It's enormous!" I said as we approached the two story building.

"Well the donations came pouring in even more when the pack found out we were building this. We added two new rooms, and doubled the original size of the main living and kitchen space. We're growing in numbers and I was thinking about bringing on another scout or two, if I can find the right candidates. It'll even have a gym and an infirmary." He said proudly as I looked up at the building in awe.

"Excuse me, Alpha?" Durst approached us and Danny nodded for him to continue. "The shipment of building supplies is running about an hour early, so the truck will be here shortly after lunch." He said.

"Good, make sure the men are ready to do a quick unload then, it will save time and money if we can finish before nightfall. It'll be better if we send it off tonight instead of waiting till morning when we're all tired from running." Danny said in his all business tone. A tone that drew me in.

"Yes Sir!" Durst said as he bowed and began walking away.

"Wait! Durst!" I called after him. He turned around quickly, as if I had ordered him to do so, and I remembered I'd have to get used to that.

"Yes ma'am?" He said with an uneasy nod, as if he were worried. I know I'll have to get used to that too, I wanted my friends to treat me like normal, but I was slowly showing small signs of being Luna, and as Danny's mate I knew they had to treat me differently now.