amnesia | e.d

Your POV

i was laying in the hospital bed with my best friend laying beside me. mum and dad had been standing outside for quite a while now talking to the same nurse i woke up greeted by an hour ago. all i remember is hearing the ambulance sirens and the rough ride here.

i was told that i had just got out of surgery. i don't know what got me here, or if i'm okay but i'm trying to sound okay.

"you want to change the channel?" my bff asked, "no, it's okay."

her phone sat on her lap, and it made a loud ping. i only just read it,

Ethan: I'm here. What number room are you guys in?

"Who's Ethan?" i asked her, someone walked in yelling my name just as i said it. i don't know him but i'm guessing i should.

Ethan's POV

i rushed down the hospital halls, going up and down. stressing out and waiting for y/bff's/n to reply. i thought screw it and went looking myself.

i spotted y/n's parents outside a particular room with a nurse so i assumed that that room was y/n's.

"excuse me sir, sir you're-" the nurse tried pulling me back.

"Y/N!" i yelled, "Who's Ethan?" she asked y/bff's/n.

now i wish that the nurse had tried harder pulling me away from the door.

i almost broke down onto my knees. i couldn't think properly, everything somehow turned into a huge blur. i've never wanted to leave y/n's presence as bad as i do right now.

y/bff's/n led me outside of the hospital, sat the both of us down and pulled me into her embrace. i cried on her shoulder.

"please tell me what she asked was a joke..." i pulled off, "she's been diagnosed with amnesia Ethan. she really can't remember you, only things that have been around for a long, long time." she explained.

"i've known her for almost 2 years now!" i almost yelled, "it obviously wasn't long enough." she mumbled. i knew she felt sorry for me from the way she said it.

"what am i supposed to do now, y/bff's/n?! she's the love of my life, i can't just let her go and pretend that i don't know her!" i cried. "i know ethan but you can't just force for her to have feelings for you. if you want her to feel something for you, please... be patient." she rubbed my back.

"i better go back inside, you okay for getting back home?" she stood up and starting rubbing her hands together for more warmth. "i might stay here for a while, do you think that it'd be okay?" she hesitantly nodded. "just don't tell her or give any hint that you're her boyfriend." she said. i nodded.

i walked back inside the hospital not so long after y/bff's/n.

we peeped through y/n's room window and she was asleep. the only light we saw was the lamp beside the bed she laid in.

everyone else was out of the room. "hey ethan, you okay?" y/n's dad asked, i didn't answer. "sorry mate." he pulled me into a hug.

"is it okay if i go in and just sit on that chair beside her?" i asked, i looked at the nurse. she nodded.

i quietly opened the door and tip-toed to the seat beside y/n's bed.

i looked at all of the flowers and balloons and teddy-bears she had been given. i let out a little chuckle.

i grabbed her hand and held it near my lips. her nails were painted a black colour. the promise ring i gave to her a month ago was on her middle finger. i smiled and softly kissed the outside of her hand. i closed my eyes and a tear escaped from them. she slept so peacefully. she used to purposely fall asleep on top of me because she loved listening to the sound of my heart-beat.

i thought maybe i should say something but i had no words to say. i mean, i had plenty just didn't know where to start.

"I love you so much y/n."

they were the only words that seemed to slip from my tongue. i let go of her hand and placed it gently back to where it was.

i stood up and planted a kiss on her forehead. i reached over to the lamp on the other side of the bed and switched it off.

"Good night princess..." i wiped my tears and grabbed my jacket from the chair and left the room.

~~~~
done..
idk if i can update for the next few days cause tomorrow is monday and i have production rehearsal ALL DAY, then on tuesday, wednesday & thursday night i'm performing the production! 😱 i'm actually so excited! and the next couple of weeks is filled with athletics and softball trials 😳
keep rolling in with those questions 😬😫 please... lol, i gtg though

until the next update,
later gator 😘✌️