Chapter Thirty Three | Bye Bye

Start from the beginning

Money sat down in the chair next to me and put his head down on the table. He did all of this without saying a word, which wasn't very surprising. He hadn't said too much of anything this whole week and it kind of bothered me. I sighed softly because, I wanted to confort him, but I figured he didn't want to talk.

"Money?" I called softly, ignoring that voice in the back of my head telling me to leave him alone. The building had started to fill up with all Ricky's family too. A lot of people attended his funeral, Ricky was a good person, despite his illegal activities on the side.

I focused my attention back onto Money, whom lifted his head up from the table, still without uttering a word. His shades were lifted a little as well, so that I could see his eyes a little bit. They were red and low, a sign that he had been smoking marijuanna. I sighed and shook my head. I didn't even stress myself with it, as I rubbed the side of his jaw.

"You want anything to eat?" I asked in a caring manner, but he immediately shook his head no. I sighed before nodding my head and getting up from the table. I sat Domani down next to Mrs.Nyla and headed to fix us some food from the front area. It smelt good and plus, I was starving. My little angel had been making my apetite pick up tremendously.

I got two plates from the table and fixed us some chicken, rice, green beans, a roll, a slice of cake, and two canned sodas before taking it all back to our table. I sat back down in my seat and handed Money a drink along with a plate. I knew he said he didn't want to eat, but he was going to, even if I had to feed him myself.

"Baby, eat something, please. You haven't been eating much lately and you should." I said to him and he shook his head at me. I sighed dramatically and laid my hand on his forearm.

"Ian' hungry,"

"Money, please. Do it for me, no. Do it for your kids, please." I pleaded with him to get his behind to eat. He sighed and finally gave in. He grabbed the plate of food and strawberry soda. I gave him a weak smile as I grabbed Domani to eat.

"Baby, you got some pain pills or some shit?" he asked while rubbing his temple. I nodded before pointing towards my small purse that was resting in his lap. He pulled it open and got the pill bottle out before taking two and popping them with a little soda.

"You okay?" I asked in concern and he nodded his head. He closed my purse back before taking a few stray bites from the plate of food here and there. I couldn't complain, I asked him to eat and he did, I didn't say how much.

The three of us ate our food until it was all gone. I grabbed Domani's Caprisun from his bag that I always kept inside and handed it to him. By then, everyone else had made their way to the table and got ready to eat. We'd eaten early, perks of my fast driving.

"Red, please stay still baby." Melanie said as she instructed her one year old son while trying to fix his shoe. Little Roderick Jr. would be two very soon. He was a complete replica of his dad, he just had his mom's skin color.

"Momma, I want cake." Haileigh told her Nicole as she came to the table. She placed all of the plates down before taking her seat on the other side of DJ whom was texting on his phone.

"You have to eat your food first Haileigh, you don't eat all of your food, then you don't get cake baby." Nicole told her daughter as she handed her the plate. She pouted her mouth before picking at the food, like Money had done.

I sighed as Domani held onto my arm, while falling asleep. My baby has had a fever all morning and he's been sleeping a lot. I wanted him to stay home, but everyone was going to the funeral and I had to be there, so he had to tag along to. I knew he was sick and it only made me worry about him. People die everyday and I get scared when something is wrong with one of them, or myself. Things happen, I just pray that they don't happen to me and mine anytime soon.