56

- - - - -

Donghae opened the door to find Victoria laying on the hospital bed. Walking over to her he looked her over wondering why she hadn't said anything about being hurt. Well of course, it wasn't like Victoria had ever told him anything personal except for when she'd spoken to him once about those 14 years. Being locked up in that cell.

"Sorry," he apologized reaching for her hand. "Maybe I make you feel uncomfortable and that's why you're never able to say anything to me."

Victoria heard a voice in her head...then through her ears. A voice. The voice she began to like after a while. She began to see light through her closed lids and began to open them. Who? Who was there? When her eyes fluttered she thought she saw Taecyeon standing before her but as her sight cleared through she realized Donghae was standing beside her.

His eyes suddenly grew big like a child in surprise, "You...you're awake?" after a pause. "You're awake!"

Victoria glanced around the unrecognizable room before trying to sit up.

"I was so worried! I didn't know if you were going to be alright!" he shouted happily. "Are you ok? Are you feeling alright?"

Victoria glanced at the excited Donghae who had suddenly sat at the edge of the bed. She looked around once more wondering how she'd gotten there.

"Why am I here?" she asked quietly sitting up.

Donghae just smiled, "You had a fever. A really bad one but you're ok now. I'm sorry I didn't realize you were hurt earlier. I'm sorry."

In that moment he hugged her suddenly. Victoria felt herself go limp against him but however much as she wanted to pull herself back the energy was nowhere to be found.

"After you get out, I promise I won't bother you about marriage or anything related to that again," he promised, "so...lets start over. Lets do the things you want, your way. I'm sorry for pushing you."

- - - - -

When Taecyeon reached the door he wondered if Donghae was already in there. If Victoria had awoken or not. When he slid the door open he didn't have to wonder about the answers anymore. Closing the door he took a sigh and leaned against the wall.

Too lost in thought he didn't hear Yoona's light footsteps as she neared him. When he didn't turn, Yoona stopped by the door and wondered why he wasn't going in. Opening the door slightly she closed it again. Of course, why else wouldn't he have gone in?

"Is it something you can't bear?" Yoona asked turning to look at him.

His gaze was so concentrated on the floor that she wasn't sure if he'd heard her. Without answering he turned so that his back was to her and began making his way down the hall.

"It'd be better if you didn't hide beneath that shell of yours. Be it now or later...chances only come around once, right?"

Yoona swallowed and took a step or three before reaching out for him. She grabbed his arm and felt him come to a stop. In that instant she sort of regretted stopping him. What would she say? What was she going to do? How to say things so that it didn't sound weird? So that he'd accept what she had to say? Would he listen if she said it?

"Step up, Yoona. You're too pitiful if you can't even do this," she spoke to herself in her head. "Even Victoria can see that you can't do it, so she only encouraged you to step away from the curb and into the street."

With the courage she'd summoned up, she wrapped her arms around him. As much as she was shocked herself, she realized she must have shocked him too.