3

- - - - -

Yoona lie in her bed, a rush of emotions filling her. She felt bad, yes, for choosing work over her own life but there were many reasons why it was so important to her. She just wanted to do something right for the people and do something for those she owed and yet, it was something so simple that even a smart person like Donghae couldn’t process into his brain.

Anguish anger made her heart feel sick and she turned around in bed to see the picture she and Donghae had taken a year ago when they went ice fishing together. Under the lamp that lit the room, the smiles on their faces were so clear that Yoona almost felt like she wanted to tear the picture apart.

“True love,” Yoona muttered, “what a lie.”

She reached for the picture and turned it face down so that it wasn’t visible in her sight. Taking a deep breath, she placed her hands on her stomach and closed her eyes.

- - - - -

Victoria stepped off the train at last and glanced around the terminal, a habit of being exaggeratedly cautious. Adjusting her hat on her head she continued walking calmly as any other person would toward the stairs. Amusingly, she’d learned that wearing hats drew more attention to it than to the person wearing it. In that second she felt two people at her sides. They slightly grabbed her arms and she felt something lightly poke her sides. Glancing down without moving her head she found that they were pointing guns at her.

“You know better than to make any noise,” Jung Min’s familiar voice snarled in her ear.

“So, you thought you were safe, huh?” So Young teased.

The corner of Victoria’s lips turned into a deep smirk, “Sure, I’ll play along. Where do we go?”

A few moments later Victoria was dragged into an empty tennis court and tossed into the fence it was encaged in. The sky was dark, no one should be walking around a sports area that time at night. The chill of the night brushed her face and her long dark hair fall flat on her shoulders brushing her cheek as she slumped toward the ground.  

“We just wanted to see your face,” Jung Min smiled offering to help her up.

“Yah! I thought we were going to get rid of her!!” So Young shrieked.

Jung Min turned to look at her, “Not so loud. Someone might hear us. And did you not hear me say, patience?”

So Young frowned at him.

Instead of slapping his hand away Victoria spat on him and got up by herself.

“Why you…!” he pulled her hair when she turned to begin walking away and pinned her against the fence, his lower arm in front of her neck.

The fence shook from the impact and Victoria calmly stared back.

“I’m done with playing already,” Victoria muttered, “why are you two following me?”

“We’re not following you, we’re on an order to massacre you.” So Young matter-of-factly spoke.

Victoria felt one of her eyebrows twitch. “What?”

Jung Min turned toward the girl with a menacing glare then returned to Victoria. “You heard her. This is concerning the case you didn’t fulfill.”

Victoria clenched her jaw trying to escape him but he held her against the fence too strongly.

“For shooting that man with his gun on us, I won’t forget how you embarrassed us,” he hissed.

“Because you two fool around too much. The mission would have ended earlier if you two weren’t so full of yourselves..” Victoria stopped when she felt her breath get cut off.